SAU Community

Monster Cracks 10Min At Pikes Peak

ARTZ

Awesome! Ive driven the Escudo on Gran turismo of course haha! I believe it has a 500hp 2.5L twin turbo V6 grand vitara motor in the the front and the back driving each set of wheels........ PURE INSANITY!!!

should be interesting...and allow more road based cars to do well.

Wonder if they will let open wheelers up there?

There already is an open wheel class and I believe once upon time they where the fastest. Of course probably not the kind you are thinking off. The ten minutes barrier while amazing, is not truely reflective of improving cars but a combination of more tarmac and faster cars. The all tarmac part will change the event, not a bad thing, just different.

I still think the group b runs look the most amazing, have a search for Audi Quattro S1 doing it's thing in the Eighties.

That is so god damn boring to watch.

If you want to see amazing driving at Pikes Peak whilst it was all dirt (no sealed road sections), search "Climb Dance" on youtube.com. It's from the 80's, peugeot driven by Ari Vatinen.

yes I've watched climb dance...it was ok...for its time...

but boring in comparison when we have Ken Block gymkhana style vids to watch these days..

Sorry mate, but reality check says 900hp in a 1 tonne chassis is never boring.. :happy:

lol @ the keyboard warriors saying it's boring, slow, could've gone faster etc etc. Get off your high horses and get out on a track, or even better a rally course where one mistake can cost you your life, then you will understand what a truly amazing effort that drive was.

well on that note the video I posted was 100% talent with 0% production

The thing that was revolutionary about Climb Dance was not the driving at all. It was more that on board cameras were somewhat unheard of in the day, that is what is great about the video. Plenty of people were racing up the then gravel mountain.

But knowing that someone went to alot of trouble to capture all that footage, in decent quality was a big deal for its time, there is alot more than 20% production involved in the making of it..there was hours and probably months of planning setting up expensive onboard and roadside camera setups etc to show people what a run up the Peak was really like..

These days anyone can produce a short film of equal or even better quality..

You can simply cable tie your phone to the car and video edit random roadside utube clips for a better result than Climb Dance ever achieved..