SAU Community

Change Coupe Rear End To 4 Door

VIP-32

Im a fan of the 4-door style taillight and want to put them on the back of my coupe. Just wondering if anyone else has done this conversion, and if so how.

The coupe bootlid looks to be wider so i was thinking i would have no choice but to use it and get it cut to fit. Just trying to find out what i can before i attempt this, i already did a search but only found stuff about putting a coupe rear on a 4 door...i want the opposite ><

any help or pics would be great, cheers guys

(P.S. 4 door rear ftw)

Matt.

Its not the 4 door i like so much, just the coupe taillights i dislike...

And I did not buy a four door because the car I found for sale was a coupe, And for what I got with it and what I payed for it I couldn't say no.

Besides, I still have a full 4 door body kit from my previous 32 and I have a set of taillights on there way to me atm.

I am determined to make it happen, Just thought someone else was bound to have done it and could give me a few pointers or something along those lines.

If you happen to find a way to do this ill kindly swap my 4 door rear for your coupe rear :whistling:

Heres info for the other way round, if the 4door needs metal to be cut away for the coupe lights to fit i guess that the coupe would need a bar welded in to hold the tail light in ??

Got my 4door taillights today and ripped the rear end off the coupe so I could trial fit and see how much work was involved.

Good thing is its not as much as i had thought, definitely doable. Cut away a bit of steel and drill some holes to fit the lights in and then weld some steel on to the boot lid and shape them to the lights.

The 4 door rear bar I have is almost going to bolt straight on, just needs to be cleaned up and some small adjustments.

Will post pics shortly of the trial fit.