SAU Community

I'm New :) Plus....little Help?

ryu1605

Hey all, how's it going?

Been floating around the forums for a while now and thought it was time to introduce ourselves and ask for a little bit of help.

Our names are Drew and Jess. We live with Veilwest and Ozcan so its a very Nissan friendly household with Ozcan's black on black R34 GTT, Veilwests widebody S15 and our R32 GTR. Currently the GTR is a little dead (spun a bearing :pwned: ) so thats the main reason for not introducing ourselves a little earlier lol. It was only on the roads of Canberra for 1 day before it shat itself so unlikely its been spotted driving around but may have been spotted while on the back of a tow truck once or twice.

It's gunmetal grey with a gold pearl to it (Ask Eiji, its hot lol). Very pretty but very dead lol. Still love the car, its in the process of being fixed so hopefully we'll be able to meet up with everyone before the end of the year.

Anyway, back to asking for a little bit of help....

I gave my dad (Drew's dad) my old R32 GTS when me and Jess bought the GTR so he's currently in the process of trying to get a roadworthy sorted. I only owned the car for close to a year so i never ended up swapping the rego over because by the time rego ran out we would have our GTR. Basically the exhaust that the previous owner put on it is ridiculously loud and failed roadworthy, so I'm wondering if anyone here has a stock or quiet catback exhaust for an R32 that would pass roadworthy that me and my dad would be able to buy or borrow for a couple of days at some point to pass roadworthy.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :thanks:

Cheers guys,

Drew

Cheers Zebra

Have contemplated fitting another muffler, its something we're considering at the moment but got quoted today $320 to make it 100% legal. Haven't had a chance to shop around for quotes yet but does $320 sound a bit steep?

yeah it's stainless.

the setup it has at the moment is completely stock from engine to cat and then stainless 3inch from cat back. even with the silencer in it it's still to loud and has the worst sound lol.

good to know that $320 is pretty average though, might ask dad if he wants me to go halves with him to help him out

$300 a day, really? thats insane lol.

$320 really doesn't sound so bad anymore. Hoping to get everything sorted by end of next week but we'll just get another week permit if thats not possible. He also got told that both front suspension upper ball joints (i think thats what its called. the bit at the bottom of the upright where the front hubs pivot) have play in them and it got failed on that too. he got quoted $1600 to fix it all but thats with getting brand new uprights from nissan. I've got another pair of front uprights/hubs at home so this weekend im thinking of swapping those ones in to see if its any better. it's not possible to just tighten the bolt to fix the play unless the bolt is already loose correct?

if you understand what im trying to describe lol.

Cheers

haha tried to pack it with steel wool but failed confused.gif

will see if i can get out to that exhaust place tomorrow and have a chat to them. $190 is so much better than $320 lol

cheers guys

was the $350 bcoz it took you longer than 2 weeks from the day you bought the car to transfer the rego into your name?

i had that with my ma70 and sw20 coz i was a bit lazy lol

As a general rule of thumb, I've noticed exhausts come in multiple parts:

Dump pipe

Front pipe

Cat converter

Cat back (upto almost the axle)

Muffler section

If course this is just for single muffler systems - or at least mine.

The exhaust on dads 32 is in 2 parts from the cat to the end. Cat to about half way (rear axle ish) is straight through, no muffler/resonator type thing, connected to the rear section by a 2 bolt flange, then from that flange there's maybe 2 feet of pipe which curves to go under axle then welded to the rear muffler which is a cannon/hotdog type jobbie. 3inch from cat to the end