SAU Community

Minimum Disc Thicknesses

sedy

Hi all, i have a 4 stud r33 gts which is going in for a roadworthy next week, and i was wondering what the minimum disc thicknesses are? I have called dba and they have no idea, and i work at a nissan dealership and nobody there has a clue either (probably because its an import) anyway i was just wondering how thick they need to be, to be in spec?

The minimum thickness "should" be stamped on the edge (that's where mine are on rda slotted)

Try calling some brake shops to check with them - they might be able to help

Prob won't help at the time but the road worthy will be able to tell if you've got enough meat left on your rotor

just took a measure from my stock rotors laying around (r33 gtst) which was 27.5mm - now last time i took them in to a brake shop (before swapping them over) they said they were past legal limits. so at a guess 28mm would be the lowest

The R33 GTS runs a 280x26mm rotor from stock, not a 28mm thick rotor. I'm guessing 24mm is minimum thickness, going off another rotors I've had around the same size.

You seem right if it's a rb25de r33 (numbers in brackets). Australian laws might be different though.

post-85181-0-75741500-1321848863_thumb.png

• 1 month later...