SAU Community

Real Time Help Needed- Dw950 Injectors

g35me

having trouble with the DW950 injectors, mine dont have a slot cut in the body of the injector where the stock tin retaining clip is meant to slide into like on the stock injectors. is this right? otherwise the only thing holding them in place would be the 5 fuel rail bolts.

having trouble with the DW950 injectors, mine dont have a slot cut in the body of the injector where the stock tin retaining clip is meant to slide into like on the stock injectors. is this right? otherwise the only thing holding them in place would be the 5 fuel rail bolts.

I had to machine up a sleeve for each injector so it wouldn't slide up and down (and possibly spitting itself out of the hole in the manifold)

Oh...have fun "clicking" the fuel pump assembly back into place inside the fuel tank....did you buy HKS pumps??

Edited by Speedah

I had to machine up a sleeve for each injector so it wouldn't slide up and down (and possibly spitting itself out of the hole in the manifold)

Oh...have fun "clicking" the fuel pump assembly back into place inside the fuel tank....did you buy HKS pumps??

in the end i had no troubles with the DW injectors, pretty easy job really. Changing the fuel pumps was an absolute pain in the ass job that i wouldnt care to repeat again and they were direct fit HKS.

ended up taking two brilliant minds to get that fuel basket opened

my head's still spinning from the fumes....... and i was just watching B working away in the back seat

yeah man thanks for your backyard handyman techniques couldnt have done it without you.