SAU Community

I paid BMT 100%, but the work done is only 70%, what can i do to get this fixed??

r32impul

i have spoken to these people in the past and they ARE a sub standard place or were.......i saw this happening a mile off.......My view on these people is not bias due to this thread nismoid.....

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest INASNT

I bought some GTR BOV's off a guy that used to work for BMT and he told me they were paying him $5/per hour even if they worked 12 hrs a day.

$5 an hour!!!

I'd like to hear BMT's side of the story before everyone else continues to pay out on them.. At the end of the day this is nice to know info but R32Impul, your gonna have to take this further than here to get the answers your after

I guess it very easy to hear one side of the story, and be lead to believe that that is the fact of what has occured. Yes BMT is closed, but there is so much that you guys do not know and arent aware of. Gary, you have been informed of the situation and have been re-embursed totally of what you have been owed. Even down to tuning with ICE was fully paid for including tows etc. I agree that our tuning at the time was not satisfactory. The fact of the matter is, a lot that has been said about BMT is true. Comments such as our professionalism and our quality of work is valid for comment.

To put it simply, BMT has closed due to the ongoing problems my family and I face everyday with funding a business that has staff that work for themselves, rather than working as a team. As a previous part owner of the business, closing down is the only way to resolve all the negatives of this business for myself and my family. Ever heard of people "being taken for a ride". Well I guess it is quite obvious that this has occured.

Although all this does not concern any of you, I felt that it is only right to inform you of the whole situation, rather than have you guys guess for yourselves and rely on one of our very fastidious customers to prove a point that never should have been brought up.

Damian

Guest INASNT
$5 an hour!!!

I'd like to hear BMT's side of the story before everyone else continues to pay out on them.. At the end of the day this is nice to know info but R32Impul, your gonna have to take this further than here to get the answers your after

I didnt believe him either when he told me

In a case like this it is VERY hard to get to the truth of the matter. Your always going to hear a different story and most people are really never going find out the truth! I've spoken to a couple of the BMT guys and a couple of other people close them and what they say of course does not check out with what Damian says because everyone has thier own story. Whether it was poor managment of staff, funds and buisness or a staff issue as Damian claims we don't know so I reckon it would be a good idea not to jump to conclusions or place the blame too quickly. This thread is going to get interesting. Mods I hope your watching :P

Of cos i do know they move to Brunswick, I been there too many times. The director of BMT called me last week and told me she will prepare the full detail invoice for me, But saddly, I heard from my friend that BMT is closing down since last thrusday. Try to call but the director of BMT not reponsed. She is driving a new Black S-class merc.

I m sorry if i personal attack. But what i want is to fix the matter in a clean and fair and legal way.

9/10 ppl say i m overpay

1/10 ppl say i m underpay

Which one i should believe??

Well, what Gary went thru was a very big modification and apparently BMT couldn't handle such jobs, I think most probably what went wrong was the management. Nobody knows who's doing what and nobody knows what's high priority and what's not. I've had my GTR sent there and i can say that they're good for small stuff. A job that should take only a week became 3 weeks, so u can see how bad the time management was. There's so many times that we went there and stayed there for 5-6hrs just to wait and see nothing happening.

As for Gary, from the customer point of view, he should get what he paid for and if he's not satisfied, BMT should refund everything to him. BMT should never have let the modifications happen if they are not up to the job in the first place. Sorry to say this to BMT but this is BUSINESS, when u open up the business, unhappy customers are the things that u need to deal with first. The only thing that Gary can do is report it to Consumer Affairs.

Regards,

Akumi

Well

Some time ago I have been with my skyline at the mechanic.

Because at that time (just bought it) I wanted to check it out on a dyno + tune it.

The verbal agreement for the price was $140.00. After the work was done an invoice was handed to me. Total $220.00 and I was not prepared for that. I gave them $180.00 all I had on me and was told that I can pay the rest at the later time.

Why such a different price?

Few months on and I still did not pay the outstanding amount.

Sometime I really dont know where the prices are taken from.

I'm not going to give the name out mainly because it is a very highly recommended workshop on this forum. (not BMT)

It pisses me off when they do not really know how much to take from you.

I truly believe that They will take as much as you wiling to give. but at the same time not to much because this can deter you (customer) from comming again.

The best possible solution is do it yourself if you can or PAY UP.

Enough said, I value all your views of the situation. But end of the day, this matter has been dealt with Gary directly and shouldnt have been brought up on these forums in the first place. Yes, everybody is entitled to their views, but as Akumi has said, it is up to the business and it's customer to sort out.

One thing that is very strange is that this matter hadnt been brought up by Gary 6 months ago when the job was current. All of a sudden when our business is closing, this "matter" has been brought up with great perserverance to seek compensation. ??????

No matter what is said, done, fixed or sorted, BMT is closed officially. For those that know me personally, Im sure that you are well aware of the situation that my family and I have faced these tiresome months. Being taken for a ride is an under statement.

I do formally apologise to those affected with our closure or previous jobs carried out, but end of the day cases such as Garys should have been brought up when the actual problem occured.....Not 6 months or so after hearing that we are closing down. Rather than gossip, create non-factual claims about BMT, why dont we concentrate on what these forums are about.... discussion on cars.

Damian

I work in the PC buisness and I personally do quotes myself. Sometimes people don't realize how hard it is to quote on some jobs because there as SO MANY variables in things like PC's and Cars. You can have a fairly straight forward job than can turn into a nitemare in a second when you find other small problems or complications. Now if a buisness has to spend an extra hour to fix up these issues is that thier fault? Who is going to pay the technican or mechanic to fix the problem? Should they have to do this work for free? I think not.

But of cousre on the other hand I so agree with you. My Nan, Girlfriend and Mother have all been ripped off by mechanics. A lot will go for every dollar they can and some don't even perform the work they claim!

Totally agree with you there.

I work in the PC buisness and I personally do quotes myself. Sometimes people don't realize how hard it is to quote on some jobs because there as SO MANY variables in things like PC's and Cars. You can have a fairly straight forward job than can turn into a nitemare in a second when you find other small problems or complications. Now if a buisness has to spend an extra hour to fix up these issues is that thier fault? Who is going to pay the technican or mechanic to fix the problem? Should they have to do this work for free? I think not.

The reason that this thread wasn't locked, was because there was no initial "bagging out" of workshops.

It was a simple request of someone needing information.

It's now at the stage where there are too many opinions, and too much speculation being thrown around.

If there are ongoing problems, please take it up with each other personally, or deal with it in small claims court.

Locked.