SAU Community

I paid BMT 100%, but the work done is only 70%, what can i do to get this fixed??

r32impul

Please advice what can i do, please see the attach pdf for full details.

I have try to contact BMT, but nobody response for anything :throwup:

Thanks for ICE-Performance finally tune up my car, so I can drive on the road now

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm not good mate :)

I recently got my car done up at BMT ... luckily i didnt have any problems like that

You do know they have moved to a new premises in Brunswick yeah?

Guest INASNT
Please advice what can i do, please see the attach pdf for full details.

I have try to contact BMT, but nobody response for anything :throwup:

Thanks for ICE-Performance finally tune up my car, so I can drive on the road now

I remember when i was at ice when your car there and Gerald had your hood up and he told me to look in there, so i did and then he said thats what 20 grand looks like!! I was like wtf 20 grand on what???

The EO1 boost controller on my car now is only wire up, but not functioning at all, need to use a 50cent black host and a screew to control the boost. Why do i need to paid for that EO1 even it is not functioning at all?

The orginal GTR parts also missing for half a year.

I promise by BMT to replace those items too many times, but never get done

Hmmm not good mate :)

I recently got my car done up at BMT ... luckily i didnt have any problems like that  

You do know they have moved to a new premises in Brunswick yeah?

Of cos i do know they move to Brunswick, I been there too many times. The director of BMT called me last week and told me she will prepare the full detail invoice for me, But saddly, I heard from my friend that BMT is closing down since last thrusday. Try to call but the director of BMT not reponsed. She is driving a new Black S-class merc.

unfortunately this is what happens when people get involved in a trade when they have absolutely no idea...what happened to "our staff worked for nismo...were the best blah blah blah"I am interested to see what BMT or ex BMT people have to say about this incident.....Its really bad what has happened to you but i would say youve been screwed and youve lost out....Looks like youve been blinded by all the shit and glitter that has plagued the modified car industry of late and got done over.......most business that goes on in this country is a joke and its only a matter of time till the huge numbers of these second class shops get found out and go out of business unfortunatley taking some peoples money with them.....

i was under the impression that BMT were a reputable company, from what i read on these forums... even though i had not had any dealings with them....(thank god for that!)

arent there any people here who have had dealings with them?? i would like to hear what they have to say about BMT...

i am sorry mate but i think you got screwed over.

yeah I too was led to believe BMT were one of the best places to go in Melbourne? isn't that were DrDrift works that everyone swears by for Dyno and ECU remapping?

Sorry to hear too mate, I too have been stung by a "reputable" and "sworn-by" performance workshop in Melbourne...maybe because I'm from the country and seem like I am a total newbie....dun know.

All the best, hope something good can come your way out of all of this...

Sorry to hear about this Gary, and I hope you can get some resolution in the matter. We'll have to organise this white 32 GTR photoshoot sometime :cheers:

I heard Sam left BMT recently, in fact, I think he made a nice public post about it!

yeah geeez now i'm happy i'm a back yard modifier. 20 grand and only 330 wheel kw. for such a large amount of money why wasn't there a more formal contract? if BMT is closing down then you won't have much luck even if the same people start another business. You can't really go after individuals as such its more the business. Happens quite a bit, but not usually in this circle. Coz these people reply on a lot of reputation.

Bad luck.

look, there are a number of issues surrounding the closure of BMT etc, a few of which i know well about after having a chat to a number of people that have worked there.

And in saying that i am sure that is a lot i dont know either.

what has happened, is just that, whats happened.

Its not for me to go around spreading rumour, which there is plenty of already.

arent there any people here who have had dealings with them??

It's all been very recent for the most part (well some of it at least) so yes, BMT was an excellent workshop to go to.

I took my car there many times and was 100% happy with the service performed by Sam, Benny, Max and the other workers that laid hands on my car.

So troy, this time it's not as clear cut as you might think. It's not the workers fault (as is always the case)

this thread should be watched carefully i think.

Keep it very much on topic...

So in saying that, Gary, at least you know the people who were in management.

You can then chase your costs and will get them back, it wont happen quickly at all. Probably a year or two if you have to go as far as courts etc.

That's provided the people in question dont skip the country.

Sorry to sound negative i guess, but when you get screwed... you get screwed

That's sucks Impul, sorry to read about all the stuff & cash that is gone missing.

I hope you get your gears and money back.

I was also under the impression that BMT was a reputable workshop until I started hearing stories. It really makes you think twice who you should take the car to.

Was BMT registered as a " pty ltd " ? Or was somebody " trading as " BMT?

If they were not a company you can go after the individual.

If they were a company by the time the banks and any other debtors get paid there will be nothing left for you or any other disgruntled customers.