SAU Community

Pro Fabrications - Pfre - Fabrication

Risking

you will NOT be dissapointed in the fronius brad, i use one at work a bit, magic machine, just watch the drop off after the initial arc, you can tune it out but some people have trouble getting used to it. Did you get a water-cooled station?

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Brad,

Still no sign of my catch can yet, do you know when you actually sent it out? By my count it is a bit over three weeks ago now? Starting to worry it has been lost in transit.

Catch can pm sent. Will track it down tonight.

Matt shoot me an email about your order. Wont get me on the phone for the next couple of weeks. I believe it has been sent will confirm and reply to your email with the postage details.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Brad,

Honestly mate, I'm starting to get a bit tired of this. It's been 2 and a half months since you said you were going to post my catch can out. You did me a big favour by modifying it for me when you are so busy, and I appreciate that, but 2 months just to post something is getting a bit ridiculous. The lack of communication is getting tiresome, I've tried calling you as you asked but if the time difference means I can't call you when it suits you then that isn't going to work.

Please let me know what is going on mate.

Martin.

Nick I believe you should well and truely have received the head by now??

Martin could you check your email?

Guys I'm rarely on Sau anymore and hardly reply to any pm due to massive time constraints and the shear amount of them I get which are time wasters

Email me with any queries and a reply is never far away.

Also why I am here I'll put this link up

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/topic/403292-extension-of-buyer-beware/page__pid__6416315#entry6416315

I've seriously had nothing but trouble from this BSA customs crap and I'm over it.

I've tried to help out people who've been ripped of by him. I myself have lost considerable sums of money and not to mention time that I've spent chasing up problems left behind.

The guys who have emailed me demanding I fix the mess he's left I'm sorry but I won't Be doing that.

There is a full police report and fraud investigation that I'm happy to give you the details for so even they can confirm I'm not the

one who's ripping you off.

Thanks for that Brad, I appreciate it.

For anyone reading this and is worried by my previous post, Brad has explained what happened with my catch can and unfortunately the issue was caused by BSA and was out of his control. I'm satisfied that the issue was no fault of Brad's or Pro Fabrications, and I will continue to recommend their work to anyone who wants the very best in custom fabrication.

Did you get my second email brad? Just after some more info on the dry sump kit.

Also wondering about the rb25 dry sumps as my intentions are to fit to an rb26. Do you have a solution for the bottom gearbox brackets (probably get away without installing them but....)

Thanks mate,

Dean.

I did receive it dean but havent had the chance to reply as yet.

I always rather use an alloy sump for a couple of reasons.

-Alloy pans form a more structural part of the engine block than a pressed steel pan.

-I rather work with alloy than steel

-the alloy pan has the gearbox bolt section

You can use the gearbox lower sections from an rb25 from memory.

The rb25/20 brackets that bolt to the block don't work as there is no mounting provision on the 26 block... How much extra would an rb26 dry sump cost if you source the pan too? I don't have one. (one of the main issues is that the sump cannot protrude any lower then an rb25 pan where it passes the crossmember as the standard 25 one sits about 2mm away from the member...

Maybe the other style drysump would be better in my situation with the trench straight through the middle and flushed where the x member sits..?

Thanks.

In your case where space is critical I'd be doing the following.

Watercut a 12mm flange plate from 6000 series alloy.

Fabricate an entirely new sump pan that is only a couple of mm deeper than the crank girdle.

Use a center trench with a rounded out section for the x member and steering rack.

To do the sump it would make life easier to have your engine mounts so the dumby block I use can be bolted into the x member jig. That way there is no guessing if the sump will fit it's azure thing when you go to install it.

my engine mounts are 40-45mm high on an r33 x member i think. Then the engine sits about15mm further back then standard. No problems at the front as the swaybar pretty much bends around the entire engine....

When the power steering rack is fitted (didn't have any pictures) there is only maybe 5mm of room between the top and the sump. , The powersteering rack also sits closer to the x- member so i gain a little more room behind there if needed too?

Would the custom pan incorporate the gearbox mounts also?

Thanks mate.

post-41232-0-61573600-1342508350_thumb.jpg

post-41232-0-38743100-1342508380_thumb.jpg

Edited by GT-RZ