SAU Community

Sauqld's Motorkhana Day

SABBAi

SAUQLD's first Motorkhana day!

12th February 2012

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Motorkhana - The Art of Dodge Ball with cars and witches hats!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So you think you have some most excellent driving skills?

Ever found yourself frantically bashing at your keyboard telling the world of your mad skills? How you made it to a level 31 GT-5 Driver, Beat a 900HP mud boat to a car parking spot, out drifted Ken Block at Capalaba, and that your 'Line is faster sideways than in a straight line?

Come and prove your Mettle with our first Motorkhana day at Queensland Raceway!

What is a Motorkhana?

A Motorkhana is a car and driver test event. There is a start and finish gate with a set course that is laid out on a skidpan with witches hats. The event is timed for each car. The aim is to do the course in the shortest possible time.

Sounds easy, Can I do skids?

Yes you can, but there are time penalties involved with this event.

There is a 5 second penalty for hitting a cone. If you hit 3 cones, that's 15 seconds onto your time! There is also a penalty for a Wrong Direction of 30 seconds. A DNF (Did Not Finish) will get you the slowest time for that course + 30 seconds.

The aim of the day is to get the lowest time.

Sounds Complicated, can I have an instructor?

There will be no 'instructors' on the day, however we may have a few 'coach's' available. Insurance does not cover anyone who was being instructed, however having a course coach is.

Can I have passengers?

There will be only 1 passenger per car permitted, however both the driver and the passenger will be required to wear an approved helmet and be wearing seat belts. The helmet is required for when you and your passenger smack heads together?

So how much does it cost?

Being our first introduction into motorkhanas, we have decided to have it at a reduced price. The cost will be $40 per entrant.

As this is our introduction into Motorkhana's, there are a limited number of spots available. To secure your spot you will need to complete the entry form and email it back to [email protected]. Make sure you get it in fast, as there is only 25 positions available. The faster you get it in, the more chance of getting a spot! Your entry will be confirmed once payment is received.

Name: Skylines Australia Queensland Club

Bank: Westpac

BSB: 034 063

Account Number: 354 012

(Please do not send cash in the mail, for obvious reasons!)

Payment is needed by Monday 6th February, so get cracking!

And what time does it start?

The day will kick off at 8.30am and go through until 12.30pm. We will be doing a drivers briefing at 8.15am so make sure you're there before that!

Anything else I need to know?

Yes, you will need to have everything inside the cabin that is loose, removed. That street directory, empty coke bottles, busted laptop, your spare intercooler and that broken PS3 controller all need to be taken out of the car!

You don't want them smacking you upside the head do you?

If you miss out and don't get a spot, don't worry, you can go down on the reserves list. If people pull out, then you may still get to have some fun on the pan! Also, it's great to watch and we'll need a few people to help out, so come along!

Awesome, how to I join the fun?

Grab the attached entry form, fill it out and send it in with your payment. It's that easy. Then you can join us as we throw our cars around witches hats on the skidpan.

You know you want to!!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Your entry will be confirmed once payment is received.

Entrants:

1. Sneki81 - confirmed

2. SABBAi - confirmed

3. Fineline - (payment pending)

4. toddlls - confirmed

5. sneaky pete - (payment pending)

6. Cobbadan - confirmed

7. Grae35 - confirmed

8. OJE80 - confirmed

9. Joe Nash - confirmed

10. L1mp d!ck - confirmed

11. damit - confirmed

12. twocents - (payment pending)

13. wolfman101 - (payment pending)

SAUQLD Motorkhana entry form.doc

Motokhana's are bucket loads of fun - SAUNSW's been loving them for 6 years now (4 per year).

Guys just enter this, you'll have a blast, even if it is run by a guy with a Telstar :D

Motokhana's are bucket loads of fun - SAUNSW's been loving them for 6 years now (4 per year).

Guys just enter this, you'll have a blast, even if it is run by a guy with a Telstar :D

SpewBucket knows all about Motorkhanas. Take his advice and give it a go!

sounds interesting, i'll have to talk to the "boss"

Get to it! It's only $40!

Sounds great. Any special requirements eg. CAMS license, CTP extension?

No special requirements as it's considered a low speed event. All you need is your membership card and you're eligble to enter!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys where is this going to be held? Will be up in QLD on Holidays that day and keen to come out and have a look and meet some people - My boyfriend and I do the NSW Motorkhanas both SAU ones and NSW state rounds as well as ACT Motorkhanas... They are awesome fun!!! (Just don't ask N1GTR about the chick that killed her previously damaged front bar) :whistling:

Plus if you get some practice in I believe Motorkhana Nationals are in Ipswich this year :rofl2:

Hey guys where is this going to be held? Will be up in QLD on Holidays that day and keen to come out and have a look and meet some people - My boyfriend and I do the NSW Motorkhanas both SAU ones and NSW state rounds as well as ACT Motorkhanas... They are awesome fun!!! (Just don't ask N1GTR about the chick that killed her previously damaged front bar) :whistling:

Plus if you get some practice in I believe Motorkhana Nationals are in Ipswich this year :rofl2:

i believe it is being held at queensland raceway, which is about a 45 minutes drive south west of brisbane

i believe it is being held at queensland raceway, which is about a 45 minutes drive south west of brisbane