SAU Community

Has This Ever Happened To Anyone's Braided Lines?

foznice

Just gonna take a stab at this,

Those pictures look as though its coming apart due to the force of the constant moving of the brake line.

Adr approved brake lines have to pass a whip test before being approved and they all have a little plastic sleeve on the ends of them near the join for exactly this reason.

Race cars dont really have to worry about this problem as the service and inspection regime is more strict.

that has not been installed propperly. and a perfect examply why re-usable fittings are ilegal on road cars. id be going back to whoever installed them and gewt them re-done, or replaced for some propper adr compliant swaged ones.

Dave is right that's not been assembled properly.

It appears to have had the braided sheath peeled right back and not protruding into the locking nut at all.

The braid should go through the locking nut and then be peeled back to insert an olive that locks onto the Teflon inner when the interference fit of the braid and lock nut sandwich everything together.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• I have no idea what the power steering control module is on a non-HICAS car because I've never seen one. But it is a fair bet that is essentially the same thing as on any other Nissan of the period with variable PS. So, Maximas, that sort of thing. It will pick up the ECU's speed signal off the "bus" (there's not really a bus - any consumers of the VSS are all just connected to that output on the ECU). The output should (most likely) be a PWM signal to give you an effective average voltage between the minimum and maximum values. You could possibly look at the HICAS part of the R32 manual to see what that range is likely to be (for non-HICAS, as it should be about the same).
    • Thank you for the info!    Did you get a 33 gearbox speed sensor to have your speedometer to work? Does the Speedo work but not accurate? 
    • Took me a while to answer that.... Funny thing is, the across the river neighbour did put in an airstrip, built a hanger, and buy a cessna, because strangely they aren't allowed to build a house on the property but there is no problem building an airport terminal They've used in 3 times, once for an attempted landing where they misjudged a little, aborted and missed the trees by so little that new underwear was required. Second time the landing stuck, then a few weeks later the plane left and never returned, so I don't think aircraft noise is going to be an issue. Funny looking back through the last few posts too, I've spent a heap of time lately redoing the roads  and drains so I guess it is a 2 yearly thing to add to the calendar. Those big drains did overflow in the rain about a month ago so that is pretty disheartening....just a reminder that you can't stop nature I guess.
    • So I’m having issues with my power steering. the obvious heavy and light and comes on and off randomly now it’s constantly heavy. I’ve read through forums regarding this issue and what I’ve gather is that it’s referring to hicas deletion. That’s the problem mine didn’t come with hicas.    I’ve rebuilt the steering rack, pump, changed the bent hardline on the rack and taken out the solenoid to clean and loosen up the actuator, applied 12v to get it moving. Roughly checked the loom to see if there’s any damage to the loom and nothing. Now I’m checking the wiring. I’ve tested the wiring to the solenoid and it’s fluctuating between 0.07v to 0.03v. Does anyone know what it’s supposed to be reading? 5v? Anyone one know how this all works? Is there a fuse in between? What else is it connected to? How does it connect to the speed sensor? A resistor fried in the ecu? Please help. It’s been years Thanks in advance 
    • that's pretty good condition, those chips are nothing. Get a mobile repairer to sort it out. Nice wheels, I had white 17's on my GT-R once, looked nice.