SAU Community

Specific Tune Queries

mikeyR33-T

HI guys, I have recently got my R33 rb25det ecu changed, it now runs a Z32 ecu + nistune, I have only had it done for about a week. have a few things to clear up before I go ahead with a tune! need a few answers first in regards to TUNING.

First of all, what does a tune do it corrects fuel/AFR/timing etc? will it correct my R&R issue, will it correct my economy, will it help with cold starting and high rpm issue?

I hear most nistunes tuned properly have a massive difference over the stock ECU, I run r32 actuator, FMIC & 3in turbo bk exhaust. - am hoping I dont need AFM or anything when I for the tune?

I have chosen WILLALL to do the tune, just have to get a few things done by mech asap before the TUNE :D

hope someone can provide some assistance to a new guy :)

cheers

I got told a tune can fix lot of stuff in your car because the tune makes it all run right with all the mods that have been put on to the motor so there for the tune makes it all run right and i think the tune can found out if your car is not running right like if something is broken :thumbsup:

I got told a tune can fix lot of stuff in your car because the tune makes it all run right with all the mods that have been put on to the motor so there for the tune makes it all run right and i think the tune can found out if your car is not running right like if something is broken :thumbsup:

:) I am hoping exactly that..... to fix everything... ive had the car 6months and this whole time its been running R&R and sluggish and cold start, will be good to finally have its FULL POTENTIAL :D after the tune :P

It won't fix *everything*.

If you're having cold start issues already then it would be worth looking over the car, Japan has snow.. Much colder than here, the car is built from factory to be able to start in the cold.

"High RPM issue", I'll take a stab and guess you're having misfire in high RPM? Also not likely to be fixed by a tune, coilpacks are a common cause for this, also check plugs.

R&R, yes it will help with this, however an r32 actuator should be getting you 10psi if hooked up without a boost controller, as far as I'm aware most 33's can take 10psi (including mine) without R&R unless there is an issue with the AFM.

A tune will help with economy and power, especially with the change in boost levels, it can also help diagnose what other sensors etc might be faulty and causing troubles.

Take it up with willall since thats who you want to do the work, they'll be able to give you the best answers :)

It won't fix *everything*.

If you're having cold start issues already then it would be worth looking over the car, Japan has snow.. Much colder than here, the car is built from factory to be able to start in the cold.

"High RPM issue", I'll take a stab and guess you're having misfire in high RPM? Also not likely to be fixed by a tune, coilpacks are a common cause for this, also check plugs.

R&R, yes it will help with this, however an r32 actuator should be getting you 10psi if hooked up without a boost controller, as far as I'm aware most 33's can take 10psi (including mine) without R&R unless there is an issue with the AFM.

A tune will help with economy and power, especially with the change in boost levels, it can also help diagnose what other sensors etc might be faulty and causing troubles.

Take it up with willall since thats who you want to do the work, they'll be able to give you the best answers smile.gif

Thanks, I understand some of what you're saying, and Yes I will be going to WILLALL asap to see what they say :P just abit nervous, last thing I need is to have to change a bunch of things before I can even do the tune! as you say maybe plugs, maybe AFM, etc

But I will find out asap,

cheers