SAU Community

Forged Bottom End

Hey guys im looking at buying a 1993 s1 r33 gtst and it's had alot of engine work done. It's currently producing 307rwkw. Now the guy that's selling it said he carnt find any receipts for any of the work done to it because he's moved house an there lost hmm:/ this is where it gets tricky:) the block he assures me is forged (built by pavtech) now he carnt tell what it's built with in side being that he has to much money an he has no idea about cars!

When I was there an started it (when cold) it had what sounded like piston slap untill it came up on temp abit, he says that's the way a forged block sounds when you start it an it's could:) is this correct, can they chatter abit untill it gets warm?? It also has no cold idle start so it takes a while to.

My one is forged and still sounds normal. Im not sure with skylines but with evos you can take out the spark plugs and see the piston head sometimes you can tell if it has forgees. Otherwise its a big gamble...

IMO i wouldn't buy it without some sort of receipts or proof. it just sounds like a big dodgee deal to me, it may not be but im just real fussy and careful when im buying cars.

if you treat it like a forged one and it isnt you will get a big ka-boom lol

Edited by HYBR3D

Are ok well I pick the car up Tommorow so I'll do a quick check an see! I also got in contact with the person that built the motor today an he assures me it has been built, he remembers building it 1.5 years ago and since then it's only seen 10,000 kms so it should be what they say it is:/ I'm a very fussy Pearson myself but I've done all the checks I can an it all seems fine so I can only go on that..