SAU Community

Engine Oil In Tps :s

poo32

Hey guys so I found oil in my tps (rb20det) I cleaned it w contact cleaner and the only reading I can get from it is 13v or 10.5v. The multi meter is set on the v- with 3 dots under the dash at 20, im a noob with multi meters lol. I know tps's have been coverd many times but I think mines a special case lol.

Ahh, thanks, ill check mine, dunno how sump oil could get there, theres no oil lines near there...

Oh! the pcv valve! its letting oil vapour in the intake maybe.

Try an oil catch can.

Oil gets in there from your rocket cover, Im sure you are aware that the rocket cover hoses feed into the inlet before the turbo and also the plenum. Thus sucking oily residue from your engine into your intake system. After 20 odd years for a r32 anyway thats A LOT OF OIL! ohmy.gif

If you pulled your intake pipe off (assuming it hasn't been touched over the years) it will be caked in oily gunky grease. Pull your intercooler and pipe's off they will have oily residue in it throughout also. So naturally your TPS valve and plenum will also have oil in it.

If its an issue consider a catch can. Its good to give your pipes a good clean out and de grease every now and then.

Oil gets in there from your rocket cover, Im sure you are aware that the rocket cover hoses feed into the inlet before the turbo and also the plenum.

ROCKER

And the oil usually comes to the throttle body via the turbo, not via the PCV valve.

ROCKER

And the oil usually comes to the throttle body via the turbo, not via the PCV valve.

Oil gets sucked into the intake via the breather then pushed to the throttle body from tge turbo. The seals on your throttle body might be leaking hence oil in tps my 20 year old tps was clean as a whistle throttle body was sealed.