2RISMO smashes into the 11's

nv033

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

?

BoNeR,

Brett is talking about the fact that there is a feeling that Supras are great cos their bottom ends hold massive power without forged aftermarket bits....

And that Skylines are crap motors in standard form as they DONT have the same properties.

*** BU5TER held 300++kw @ the rears and had it's arse well and truly RACED TO THE N'TH DEGREE for 6-8 months on standard innards!!!!! ***

He also hints at the fact that a std ceramic turbo is only good for low thirteens or, at best, high twelves on our cars.... Also a flying load of steaming B.S.

Adrian

Adrian,

Congrats on the time mate, sorry it took me so long to notice :D

I am going to have to try this drag thingy one day! Just so I can run a quick 10 and be done with it!!! lol.

BTW, it is raining in the lower mountains atm if anyone was planning on going tonight.

Dan.

Well done indeed!

Sensational time to say the least.

Nitto's definately are worth the $$$

Q for ya, does the NOS reduce the exhaust temps do ya know?

Just wondering how your exh wheel is holding up. NOS is something i know nothing about... yet :D

Doesnt really affect me (gt30) but asking as a general question.

WOW! :rant:

That is such an awesome time. You must really be able to peddle that thing. I was there at the first WSID meet to see you and buster run and I remember being impressed with your ET then considering the mods you had.

Congratulations.

Richard

He also hints at the fact that a std ceramic turbo is only good for low thirteens or, at best, high twelves on our cars....  Also a flying load of steaming B.S.

.......... and he's right.

Most people who "claim" that are talking without the assistance of nitrous.

R31Nismoid: On the contrary, nitrous sends in-cylinder and subsequently exhaust temps through the roof...

Q for ya, does the NOS reduce the exhaust temps do ya know?

Just wondering how your exh wheel is holding up. NOS is something i know nothing about... yet  

Doesnt really affect me (gt30) but asking as a general question.

R31Nismoid: See above. I think you're getting confused with nitrous oxide's tendency to reduce inlet temps. It does quite the opposite to the exhaust gases, increasing them dramatically.

I'm wondering how the exhaust wheel is holding up too but now it doesn't really concern me as I have achieved what I set out to with it :P

Most people who "claim" that are talking without the assistance of nitrous.

Andrew, I hear ya....but that was a big part of the point i was trying to make. People write nitrous oxide use off for whatever reason and stop considering it as an option. I really feel it should be as commonly considered (for drag racing) as bigger front-mounts, cam gears, etc etc...

Just trying to open a couple of eyes (and close a few mouths :() that's all :(

Adrian

1.6 sec 60ft?

How'd you launch it & what suspension mods?  

Awesome time too mate!

Cheers,

matt

Majanal's right. Whiteline works kit. Launching? I don't get to have any secrets?!??!

Okay then...

I started using the gas off the line about 2 street meets ago and found that it improved my 60' times by a tenth (2.0 --> 1.9). I guess this is about the same as the bigger turbo guys leaving the line on boost (i know it's not exactly the same for a couple of reasons).

My 4 most recent times were:

All with 1.9 --> 2.0 60'.

I changed to the Nittos and used the same technique and revs (3-3500) i use for the street tyres. It got off the line reasonaby well but it was obvious that i could've given it a fair bit more off the line instead of slipping it for most of 1st gear. The result made me chuck cartwheels - 12.2 sec

Next run - 4-4500rpm launch, hardly slipped the clutch at all (fraction of a second) before getting all the way off it and nailing the throttle wide open. It hooked up really hard and i stayed into 1st longer than usual - (I may have even *just* bumped the limiter of 7400rpm for a millisecond). I was pretty pumped so I tried to do everything right and was concentrating sooo hard that when Brett asked me how it felt at the end of the return lane, I wasn't sure what to say!

The straight-faced b'stard kept asking me how it felt till I said it felt really good and then he told me my time. I nearly fell out the door!! Then he told me the 60' time. I belted him saying that if he was having a lend of me i'd go mental! (yeah right :P). He assured me that he, "didn't joke about times, mate." and the slip confirmed it.

There. Happy now? :(

Adrian

NOS or not unreal FN effort. no one says anything when someones cashed up to the eye balls ands throws thousands of dollars at the latest biggest f*ckoff turbo kit and runs a great time bloody good effort. LOL brett hasnt hired you for launchin classes yet ? : Þ