SAU Community

New Gtr Owner Perth

Davee

I highly doubt those selling their 09s for 100k are doing so because the used market is privy to a few box failures

The reality is, what has driven down resale is chiefly the market, cost of funds when leasing a used car, and most importantly the fact 70k of that new car price tag are taxes the dealer doesn't have to pay when buying new stock - why would a dealer offer you 120k for your 09 on trade in when a brand new car from nissan aus costs less than that

Edited by domino_z

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thought you might be interested in this extended warranty quote. FULL warranty seems to be on offer at a very reasonable price. Too good to be true???

• Hi David .
    Terry is on holidays for two weeks but I can give you the prices,
    for an extended 3 year warranty on the GTR up to 100,000km it is $1085 inc gst
    for an extended 3 year warranty on the GTR up to 150,000km it is $1450 inc gst
    the warranty is identical to new car warranty and roadside assistance is included as well.
    please do not hesitate to give me a call if you have any queries.
    Az Mddiyah
    Aftercare Manager

National Nissan Dealer of the Year 2011

Ph: (08) 9592 6666
    Fax: (08) 9592 6688
    Mobile:

If this is Australia wide, this is AWESOME!!

But whats the catch? Do you have to sign up when you buy new? or just apply for it before the original 3 year wty is up??

Edited by Wardski

Bought the car from interstate. Can i just go to a nissan dealer in WA and see them about it?

Of course mate. I bought my 2010 from WA, shipped to Brisbane, QLD :P

GT-R service centres are universal Aus wide, thats why there are so few of them.

Edited by Wardski

So dropped the GTR off over @ Moorooka this morning and had a chat with the service manager there. He indicated they do not provide extended warranties, however he was interested to find out the details of how Rockingham Nissan can offer it.

Not that I'm overly worried, they also don't seem to be very mod friendly @ Moorooka either so installing Willall parts and maintaining warranty is NEG. Maybe other dealers will take the risk on mods, but its clear Moorooka will not.

Edited by Wardski

"they also don't seem to be very mod friendly @ Moorooka either so installing Willall parts and maintaining warranty is NEG. Maybe other dealers will take the risk on mods, but its clear Moorooka will not."

The dealer does not "take the risk", as soon as you identify a possible warrantable item, the first thing that the dealer does is send off the warranty request to Nissan Australia.

Nissan Australia says yea or nay to your warranty claim, not the dealer.

I had a component eventually replaced under warranty (which took over 5 months) and the entire time the dealer made it very clear that the issue was not in their hands, but up to Nissan Austarlia to decide if they were going to approve it or not.

Maybe there is a $ limit up to which the dealer can approve them selves, but i doubt that any drive line items affected by mods fall into this category.

Unsurprisingly I am now having difficulty getting Rockingham Nissan to honour the email. Something about new underwriters blah, blah.....

I'll keep you posted.

I'm not surprised. Mark (service manager @ Moorooka) mentioned that they use Allianz for underwriting their warranties, and he said had no idea how Rockingham were able to provide said warranty extensions... I gave him a copy of the email in this thread when I picked up my GTR from service. He said he would have a chat with the Rockingham peoples to find out more because he would love to do it if they could.. That was 4.20pm this arvo..

Edited by Wardski