SAU Community

Clutch Pedal - Rod Adjustment

Hey guys,

I wanted to make a small adjustement to my clutch "grab point".

Clutch is standard and works fine, but grabs a bit high for me and wanted to make it grab closer to the ground or firewall.

I understand that the clutch is hydraulic and self adjusting, but If you look at the clutch pedal you can see that it has some degree of adjustment.

The top of the cllutch pedal has a rod that goes to the clutch master cylinder and has a rod with a locknut going to a pin sort of detail off the pedal.

If I want my clutch to grab lower, the way I see it, all I have to do is adjust the rod a bit so that it is made shorter. Is this right?

How do I do this? cos I can't rotate the rod coming out of the cylinder, do i have to rotate the end with the pin? To do this, the rod must be pushed to the side to let the end rotate, it this ok? Will it stuff the cylinder??

any help appreciated.

Guest RedLineGTR

Check the top of the Maintenece Section in the sticky called

"F.A.Q – Maintenance, Guides & Issues/Problems - Model Specific & General"

Have a look in the r33 section, there is a thread that should give u enough info hopefully.

Cheers Rob

Can you see if something is visibly wrong with the clutch master just by looking at it or is it something that needs to be removed and taken apart ?

All that will do is make the pedal sit lower. I think you need to make the adjustment at the thrust fork pivot - in the bell housing, which means "remove gearbox".

If the "grab point" is too high, I think it indicates that the clutch plate is wearing out. It will need replacing soon.