SAU Community

Help On Importers And Info

TeeGee

hey guys,

i am currently on the search for an R32 GTS4 non turbo,

i have seen some on japanese bidding sites, but i am unsure of who to go through ?

i really dnt want to get a dud.

every importer i have emailed, replies saying they dnt have the lisence to import r32 gts4's

does anyone know of an importer, more likabley in NSW :)

or a gts4 for sale :) all non turbo r32's considered.

cheers, Taylor.

There aren't any non-turbo R32s eligible for import mate, sorry. GTS-4s were turbo. You'll need to get an R33 or something completely different.

Just curious why is this so?

I purchased an R32 GTS25 that had been imported to Aus around 2002. But as a personal import I think. Any difference?

Edit: If my memory serves me right I think the car came from NZ not straight from Japan if that would also affect it?

yeahh i didnt think the gts-4 came non turbo but a sight miss lead me :(

i know there is the gts non turbo r32 with an rb25de in it ?

but im guessing the power to weight is also a struggle.. i would really like a non turbo r32,

do to my stupid P plate restrictions.

Why would you want to import an NA as a race car???

Why not? Haha was just curious. :P

yeahh i didnt think the gts-4 came non turbo but a sight miss lead me :(

i know there is the gts non turbo r32 with an rb25de in it ?

but im guessing the power to weight is also a struggle.. i would really like a non turbo r32,

do to my stupid P plate restrictions.

Yea GTS-25. I have one, I will tell you now it is no struggle or push over. It gets up and boogies! It would have to have at least 110-120kw at the wheels in dead stock form. Torque is awesome and pulls all the way to redline. :)

• 3 months later...

Possibly the best value for money option if you have some mechanical ability/cheap help, would be to buy a turbo, swap for an NA motor for your P plate years and then re-install the turbo engine if the car is still intact at the end of that time :P

Pretty much any import you bring over (that IS allowed) will cost 6k or more on top of the car cost by the time you have it on road. lots of R32s around for much less than that.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• A lot of bmw need big end bearings as often as other cars need timing belts, the v10 and v8 from the m5 and m3 around the e90 era were bad for it 
    • Near 12mths since the last update apologies.  Car is back running and driving.  Have had a few runs at the drag strip also with a bit of success.  Managed to run tje cars PB with a 10.88 @139mph with a 2.0 60ft.  I have a stock 8hp converter and it's definitely too tight for my setup. But it drives on the street phenomenal. So happy to have converted from the sequential. Has made the car enjoyable to drive vs a what felt like a chore with the sequential.  Looking a at few different options for converters waiting for some feedback from SDE if he can do one for me.  Still a few minor things to work out regarding finalising torque reduction, I have it working but needs to refining.     
    • I honestly wouldn’t bother with this. They don’t hold up under any serious strain. Get the Blackline (Chinese fake Quaife) if anything, as it’s reported to perform pretty well. 
    • For future reference, I believe all that Amayama does is act as a middleman between you and Nissan. Go to your local dealership, ask nicely for a parts account (I get 15% off with mine) and you'll get better pricing. Cheers, 
    • Hi guys, I have a 2005 V35 skyline with the vq35de.  It is a drift car and has been stripped, its now running a standalone ECU and a body harness. Dash everything has been changed to a digital dash controlled by ecu.  The vq35de has been great, very reliable but wanting more HP atm the 35de is making 228rwhp. I'd like to be making about 350rwhp. From my research it looks like a vq25det lightly modified could be a good engine to swap in. I understand the CD trans will bolt up right to the vq25det with a 35de sump used.  My only issue is a wiring harness/ecu to control the vq25det, from what i've found the ecu is a lot different to the vq35de so my plugin for the 35de will not work. Is there any potential to use the vq35de wiring harness and modify as necessary to retain the plugin ecu?  Keen to hear what you guys think, or am I best off to chuck on a cheap turbo kit on the 35de and see how long it lasts.