SAU Community

Need More Fuel!

Simple is good, though I'm not really sure what else is out there in terms of big single intank pumps... Anyideas?

It'll need to flow well and truly more then a nismo

There are plenty of mid size to very large single pumps available to support your fueling requirments.

Saying that, I put a deatschwork pump in my daily driven stagea and I'm pretty impressed. I'd be staying away from bosch pumps with e85.

Also, have a good look at your fpr. Make shure it has a large enough return 'hole' and fitting thread.

My fuel system will be supporting 500+rwkw, up to 400hp of nitrous on e85- not a surgtank or multiple row of pumps to be seen. I wont be having any issues with surge either... I'm still trying to figure out why people are lining up 6 or 7 044's in the boot???

Cheers

Justin

Edited by XRATED

There are plenty of mid size to very large single pumps available to support your fueling requirments.

Saying that, I put a deatschwork pump in my daily driven stagea and I'm pretty impressed. I'd be staying away from bosch pumps with e85.

Also, have a good look at your fpr. Make shure it has a large enough return 'hole' and fitting thread.

My fuel system will be supporting 500+rwkw, up to 400hp of nitrous on e85- not a surgtank or multiple row of pumps to be seen. I wont be having any issues with surge either... I'm still trying to figure out why people are lining up 6 or 7 044's in the boot???

Cheers

Justin

cheers for the reply mate, not sure i need that many pumps though :thumbsup:

anyway decisions been mate

My mate Wing is designing a new surge tank set up so im going to be the test dummy for that

basic specs atm are that it will be a

-baffled surge tank, approx 300mm high

-appoximatly 5.2L capacity

-Running 2 Deatschworks pumps that will be in fitted into the sure tank (will help with cooling and noise)

-will be CNC machined so no welds

Apparently the tank can run up too 4 pumps in it, with the option of either a Deatshworks, Walbro, aeromotive (044's have too large a frame). We chose the Deatshworks becasue its ethenol freindly and we reckon its a better pump overall (lets not start a which pump is better debate :nyaanyaa: )

the stock feed and return lines will be made both into feed, with a nice big return line back to the tank, probably -8 or-10

Will be posting up some pics when its eventually done, will probably be another 4-5 weeks untill we get the finner details sorted

cheers

Cheers

Justin

I would also look at switching the secondary pump. There is no use sending more flow to the front than what is needed. You will only end up heating the pumps and reducing the flow when you need it.

I would also look at switching the secondary pump. There is no use sending more flow to the front than what is needed. You will only end up heating the pumps and reducing the flow when you need it.

. . .and heating up the fuel more than you want

• 6 months later...

Interestingly my GTR went 618hp on the hubber dyno (so say around 430rwkw on a roller) using CSR E85.

Car has a lift pump to a surge tank with single external 044 and then standard lines (both feed and return) to a Jun rail and Nismo reg...

1200cc injectors were at 74%

I was surprised, would have thought it would have run short of pump well before then

Single 044 flowing more than 350kw on e85???

Sure ur temp probe isnt on minus 77 degree's :P

Don't worry I was as surprised as anyone haha

Mind you it was only on 20psi so not huge fuel pressure and it wasn't making the best midrange with the T88 :)

Correction was turned off so no fudging figures (but that hubber usually reads 7-8% higher than a roller)...

Edited by SimonR32