Fro-Daddy

hey all, i currently have

pioneer DEH P3550MP h/u, 50x4 mosfet

Boss BA-1000 amp, 4ch 1000w peak

4" speaker in the front

6x9's in the back

Pioneer TSW305C 12" sub in pioneer box

the amp is running 2ch to the sub and 1ch to each 6x9

what i would like to know is, if i ran my sub soley off my boss amp and got another amp (75rms x 4ch) to run all my speakers, would it be benificial? i am getting this amp for $20 tonight, if its not going to help my sound quality/performance i will just sell it...

is it worth doing or a waste of time?

the new amp with 4x75rms is more powerful than ur boss audio one which is 4x60rms. run the sub off 2 of those channels. and run the front speakers off the other 2 channels left, connect ur 6x9's to the headunit and sell ur boss amp.

i read that my boss amp was 4x75 and i found out that my other one is 4x70...i picked em up cheap so it dont really bother me...

plus if i run 2ch off the boss amp to the sub, i can run it at 2ohms and ot will be more powerful (its 2ohm stable apparently)

i think your just tellin me to sell my boss amp coz boss have a bad name, this amp isnt actually that bad and does the job well...

Why do people have an obsession with subwoofers?????

imho,

1. throw out the 4 inch speakers. 4 inch speakers are good for nothing. Replace them with some decent quality 6 inch splits. This will make the biggest difference to your overall sound quality. That is if you are interested in quality. If all you want is distortion and doof doof, then keep it te way it is set up atm.

2. Amp up the splits in the front doors with the other two cannels of your existing amp. run the 6x9's off the head deck. Or alternately disconnect them altogether. I think you'll be surprised that less speakers sometimes sounds better.

basically what nav2k said.

i am looking for good 6" splits but cant any that i think are good enough...i havnt had a big look though...i saw some pioneer splits...but they were $329, so i said no.

as soon as i get the splits i will hook the amp up to them as that is what many people recommend, but until then, anything that is better than current is good!

Also something you might want to consider (after you get splits) is putting capacitors on your 6x9's, as I have found that 6x9's AND a subwoofer in conjunction often leaves you with very muddled sounding bass. On mine I just put capacitors on the 6" speakers on my back dash to filter out the bass (I aslo have a JL 10" running at 240watts rms) And I am well pleased with the result.

anyways, back to the topic...

if i put in my 4x70 amp and hook it up to each speaker it will go a lil better i spose.

but my prob is, how do i make my 4ch amp dedicated to the sub? if i just bridge 2ch will the other 2 burn out or will i just be losing power? is there any way o bridge 4ch into 1 or will a hear a big boom (from sub blowing that is)?