SAU Community

Jamboree over....Results R in :(

Guest sir calais

Its meant to be on the 26th of october. Actually the track it self ain't that bad its just the road going into there that annoys me, as I hate driving on dirt although its may only be a 1 km long...

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi BOOSTMEISTER.

Heres some advice from some one who knows about Drags.

Before i give some advice ill tell u what my car can do.

12 second car.

Specs r LC GTR Torana - 202 cubes hand made extractors , BIG solid race cam, roller rockers, 12 port race modified head 11.6-1 compression, Triple 45 DCOE webers, Race pistons fully balanced right thru to the diff, 3 speed Auto trans 5000 stall convertor, Ford Nine inch diff 4.56-1 ratio with M&H drag tyres which r a MUST for drags.

Heres some pics http://www.geocities.com/chemistry_party/b...brad/torry.html

Any way the best advice i can give u from what u have told me is that if u r running a standard ratio diff making the ratio higher eg from say 3.08 - 3.9 will prob take about 810ths of the ET and also stop your car from BOGGING. My car dropped 1 whole second from the earlier day when it was milder engine and was running 15.7 with 2.76 ratio when i changed it to 3.7 ratio. Doing this should drop your 60ft times to around 1.8 - 1.9 and the first 60 ft any "Drag Racer" will tell u this is where u make your ET its best. Also with fuel buy BP optimax for maximum Octane and add some NULON PRO STRENGHT octane booster to it. Suspension is CRITICAL and older soggy shockers can help. Drop tyre pressures to around REAR 18 psi front pump up to 45PSI for less rolling resistance"Most Drag Cars for a four link suspension setup with adjustable shockers but this is NOT suitable for street use" Other factors that help can be running a fuel cooling system such as an ice box setup wich needs to be fitted proffesionaly and if it is fuel injected high pressure mean it has to be leak proof and run dry ice in it. Dropping exhaust on some cars will upset the computer ECU and MAP sensor will have a spastic and it will run shitty. best thing would be a hi flow catalytic convertor and extractors with large diameter pipes. If u wanna spend some money MOST horsepower gains are made in modifing the Heads . Also an after market camshafts will make more power again but can run into quit a few hundred dollars. Another way to make some more power is a DYNO tune espicialy if they have computer editing propertys for modifying fuel curves etc. Any way this post is getting big , enough of this for now , if u want more info i can let u know but first thing i suggest is a higher diff ratio and good tyres. Here r some times i managed to to with my old crappy "he he " 202 6 cyl.

ET 12.726

reaction .402

60 ft 1.782

333 ft 5.119

660 ft 8.078 mph 83.35

1000 ft 10.713

1/4 mile speed 108 MPH @ 7200 rpm

as u can see even a car that weights 2800 pound with 125 RWKW can run 12 seconds.

Good luck in the future with your car and most of all Have FUN

:)

"When the green flag drops , The bull Sh1t stops"

Bradley - GTR King :] :burnout: