SAU Community

Centrol Locking Remote Doesnt Work

hi guys,

purchased a 6mt 2004 v35 coupe, the previous owner advised that the battery in the key needed replacing, however when i purchased the car and changed the batteries on both keys the doors do not lock/unlock via the keys remote so atm i am locking/unlocking the doors manually with the key which is a pain in the ass at times...

would you guys know what the problem is? please help

also the door lock switch on the drivers side works however when locking the doors the passanger side does not lock also

look forward to your help so i can get this issue fixed!

drivers door is not meant to lock via the lock button UNLESS I have touched the car then it will. the remote entry is tied to the drivers door only when that works it locks the other side by default.

new remote time btw. make sure you have the immobiliser codes or make a trip to nissan

sorry but im confused arent they meant to lock and unlock both sides cause thats the case in other cars that have that unlock button?

also is it a regular thing for oem v35 central locking remotes to cark it and not work anymore? because i have 2 of them surely they both cant be stuffed? could it be something else?

and if so how much am i looking at for a new remote?

thank you

ka86 so what is the door actuator problem for my drivers side to no lock when pressing the door lock button or for my central locking to not work on the remote?

how much would that be to buy and replace? i really want to get these problems fixed, also need to change my brakes and machine them (brembos) :S

thanks for the help.....( im really a car noob) lol

ka86 so what is the door actuator problem for my drivers side to no lock when pressing the door lock button or for my central locking to not work on the remote?

how much would that be to buy and replace? i really want to get these problems fixed, also need to change my brakes and machine them (brembos) :S

thanks for the help.....( im really a car noob) lol

It is a common problem. The actuator itself is not locking when using the remote. The bushes and rods wear out. That's why you can hear the small click of it triggering but not actually locking. Common problem and a newer OEM version was released. Not saying it is not your remote but it sounds alot like a faulty actuator. It will lock manually right?

Price wise roughly:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/GENUINE-OEM-INFINITI-2003-2004-G35-COUPE-RIGHT-DOOR-LOCK-ACTUATOR-BRAND-NEW-V35-/150724584284?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2317e2a35c

There is a DIY fix to mock up new rods but if your not confident than don't try.

http://g35driver.com/forums/interior-exterior/347409-5-door-lock-actuator-fix-updated-thread.html

And if you search google along the lines of 'G35 Door Actuator problem' or something like that, you will see it's a known problem.

eg;

http://g35driver.com/forums/g35-coupe-v35-2003-07/375728-problem-driver-side-door-locking-unlocking.html

This is the guide:

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/topic/315036-diy-v35-door-lock-actuator-power-window-removal/

As for insatllation wise, can't say. Depends on where you take it to. Seems to take anywhere between 2-4 hours depending on the person. Different places charge their own hourly rate. Where are you based anyways? You would have to ring around.

I also am having the same issue. It wasn't responding for awhile.. now it is working fine. However I will have to replace the actuator eventually.

My issue was that it didn't work on 2 x OEM remotes and 2x After Market Alarm FOBs. Can't really think of any other reason it is not working. :cool:

hi ka86,

thanks heaps for the useful tips, ive yet to really research door actuator problems but it seems it might be the case however just letting you know that when i press any button on the key fob that i am not hearing any clicking whatsoever so im not too sure if it is an actuator problem altogether.....very frustrating this!

oh and i am based in sydney ay, anyone know if there are any v35 meets held in sydney??? it would be good as i would gain some further knowledge on these awesome cars and check out what other people have

I have exactly the same problem, the driver door dosent lock with the windows lock button, only unlock, However, here is the tricky thing, with the remote key its unlock and lock perfectly. any idea?

If you live in Sydney i can recommend you to a guy who fixed the same problem on my car. Located in Parramatta. Just PM me.

I live in Melbourne, Do you know what was the problem? May you ask him what he did? Thanks