SAU Community

Push To Pull Clutch, Mechanical To Electrical

Supr34

Hi sau, i've run into a problem with the speedometer not moving and have pin pointed it out to be an implanted r32 manual box in an r34 manual.

The mechanic i brought the car into told me that the speed sensor plug could not be found on my transmission as it was a r32 box.

Now the question im asking is to fix the speedometer is there any other cost effective ways to convert the r32 box to the r34 electrical unit?

Or is the only way to find an r34 manual box with pull type clutch and also find another pull type clutch as the r32 clutch is push.

I've tried using gps apps and gps units to get an active speed but no success. I've sourced the parts out but not sure exactly what i'll need if im going to

buy an r34 manual box with the clutchs and tailshaft?

Thanks in advance :wacko:

The mechanic said it was an r32 box, that's why there was no speed sensor plug hole.

I'm not really sure about the transmission, not my area of expertise but the mech said the r34 had gone through a pull to push conversion.

Is there any benefits of the push compared to a pull? My main concern is the speedometer and getting a speed indication.

I've also called up a transmission place from the forum contacts and the guy said there was a possibility of converting the r32 box into electrical.. Again i'm in need of some opinions.

Thanks for reading.

Thanks for replying Simon, can you elaborate some more about the silvia speedo sender?

r32 box, trying to get the speed into the cluster.

As the 3rd owner of the car, im not sure myself about why theres a 32 box in it.

I'll decide how to go about it after i bring it into the mech again.

32 box normally uses cable... sender bolts to the box and then cable to sender. the sender can be swapped out for a silvia (s13/s14) unit and then wired to the skyline gearbox loom. R34 has electronic speedo sender so the wiring should be there still.

i think you should get some pics of your gearbox and how its all mounted and then post them up so we can give you the real story... its possible your mechanic doesnt know