SAU Community

300kw RB36DE!

Heh, figured that would get your attention :)

Just for curiousity's sake mostly - I'd be interested in any info relating to serious n/a RB buildups, whether they be 11000rpm RB18DEs, RB36DE strokers, what have you - has anyone here built up a hardcore n/a RB engine, or know of websites, a friend's cousin's brother-in-law's dog's vet's car, whatever you know, post it up! (but especially interested in stroked "big-blocks")

Cheers

J

Heh, figured that would get your attention :)

Just for curiousity's sake mostly - I'd be interested in any info relating to serious n/a RB buildups, whether they be 11000rpm RB18DEs, RB36DE strokers, what have you - has anyone here built up a hardcore n/a RB engine, or know of websites, a friend's cousin's brother-in-law's dog's vet's car, whatever you know, post it up! (but especially interested in stroked "big-blocks")

Cheers

J

With the help of a lot of people, I went through the exercise a couple of years ago and found the result, totally untractable, as it wouldn't idle under 3000 revs.

Firstly, the RB30 has a non balance related HARMONICS problem at about 7500 and to go higher, which was necessary to attain the HP required, it is necessary to push through 7500 ASAP.

My goal was 300+ rwhp. And special things had to be done and cubic inches isn't the answer.

We had an RB30 block, bored 1mm o/size, RB26 crank and rods, for optimum rod ratio for high reving n/a engine, RB26 head and induction system, including 6 throttle bodies. Capacity 2760cc. 600cc injectors, Z32 AFM, Q45 throttle body, custom extractors, custom forged pistons 13.5:1, Inlet cam over 350 degrees, exhaust cam about 340 degrees and at 10700 rpm we had 342 Kw at the fly.

Our decision was to scrap the plan as it was impossible to drive this on the road and we went TURBO.

Cheers.

RB26 rod: 120mm?

RB26 crank: 73.7mm

RB30 rod: 154mm

RB30 crank: 86mm

Add the fact the RB30 block is ~1 inch taller and by using RB26 rods + crank in an RB30 block you've got a piston sitting ~40mm down in the bore at t.d.c.

That's one massive piston you'd have to use...

dont post bullshit titles :D.

Thought it should've been obvious :rofl:

id love to see a 300kw+ na RB tho.

-rb25

Same 'ere. So it sounds like big inches are not the solution - I guess one would have to start with an RB26 then. Wasn't there an RB26DE Nissan factory race engine a while back?

Forced Induction does mean waiting for a turbo to spool... what about a super-charger?

instant power, but nothing up top.

hardly true about nothing up top.

Depends on blower matching more than anything else.

And the type too.

I'd be interested to see anyone even create an RB36 ROFL.

And how cant an RB30 rev out past 7500?

There are too many RB motors that i can think of that go past this without a drama.

Some twin cam (26head) some not (sohc)

For non-forced induction.. you'd really have to an 8 to have any form of driveability.

i think the M3 does pushes the envelope for a 6cyl at pushing out 252kw.. Some of the best figures for a naturally aspirated 6cylinder I can think of. With some work probably 300kw. So just get an m3 engine and put them, i'm sure its an easy task :)

don't get me wrong, a well tuned turbo car has plenty of response too... mine does :)

but the response of an NA car is relatively linear, even with systems like BMW's VANOS, Honda's VTEC, Toyota's VVTL-i, etc., and you can experience a different way of attacking corners. that's what I miss most about NA cars :rofl:

i think it would b VERY hard to get the m3 to do any more than it does, as all its components are built for power, unless u added nos or forced induction, same goes for the s2000. as for the skyline, rb30 bottom end, gtr head, port, cams, exhuast, pod in box with CAI, comp, tune, would go along way

if its still using basic valve timing its going to get to a point where you just can't get much further without killing the driveability at some point.

Don't know about the beamers, but bit of stuff I know can be done with the s2000 to give it more kick. Everything comes out of the factory for all conditions, all fuel quality, economy, etc.