SAU Community

Had my 1st prang :(

Blade

Well i share a carspace with my workmates motorbike which is usually parked right at the back parallel with the rear wall...anyway

This morning entering the work underground carpark...pitch black...cant see a thing...

Anyway their are pillars everywhere! its like a tight maze so im more worried about clipping one of them.

I begin to reverse park into my space...as his bike is black and is quite low my spoiler blocked the view lol and their are pillars and other shit everywhere i seriously couldnt see the bike at all..i also think i was in 2 worlds at the time :headspin:

Im going really slow...just edgin the back around when i feel like ive just hit something...i turn around and see the indicator from the bike through the gap between my bonnet and the spoiler :)

I get out and his exhaust had pushed my boot in, ive got a nice donut sized weird shaped dent in my boot with big greyish scratches/gashes as my paint color is silver ;)

I didnt do any damage to his bike...but im just really pissed off...stupid mistake.

Anyone know how much itd cost to get the dent repaired? its got scratches like deep ones in it aswell :D

im tossing up whether to live with, or bash it out myself, or take it to a panel beating shop, or replace the whole boot itself... i cant stand to see the dent in it

Any recommendations?

:Oops:

it pushed ur boot in?? thats one tuff bike!! see how much it would cost to repair...i would assume they'd knock it out then bog it up to perfection. depending on how bad the dent is i remember someone tellin me about some guy that can knock out dents back to original.

then again it might be cheaper to just buy a new boot....ive seen some goin for 150??

i had my first prang too. i lost control of my car last nite in the rain and smacked the curb....flexed and chipped my bar and punctured one of the tyres..also looks like my caster rods are leakin too. could have been worse. u respect the curb alot more once uve hit one:D:D

lol tim u spaz...

depending on how bad it is i might be able to repair it for u and all u have to do is get it painted... i have most of the sandpaper and filler and tools here so it isnt much of an issue...

Yeah, im up for a east bear boot :rant:

Hey nark i tried knocking it out myself, i stripped the carpet layering and inserted a piece of wood up through the gap, then got a nail punch and put that through the tiny circle opening and pounded it through, it didnt budge

So then i just got the nail punch and levered the dent out...so now ive gotr about 4 punch holes/dimples coming through :( i then went over with a soft headed mallet and in a circular motion tried to flatten the raised bits, bit by bit....it looks ok but its not smooth smooth

Itll do for now though

Ill try and take a photo if i can find the digi cam :)

I dont think its worth you tryin to fix it...but thanks heaps anyway...cause i think ud have to take the whole boot off, cut it etc, then putty it.

How much is the east bear flat boot gonna cost? ;)