SAU Community

Happy Birthday Demon Dave!!

EvilElmo

Thanks guys!

Justin love the pic :D LOL

Well 28 now...bugger only 2 years to go before I reach my self imposed:

"I MUST HAVE A GTR BY THE TIME I'M 30" deadline :D:(:D

But, I canna complain. My wife got me a nice set of alloys for me birthday - Work Emotions in white. I've been wanting to upgrade wheels for a long time, but with the arrival on little one and a return trip to the UK this year, funds have been kinda short...plus I can never, ever decide what wheels I want...TE-37's, NISMO LM GT-4's, SSR integral, volk GT-C, the list goes on...

I think my wife got sick of me debating! :D The works were going cheap, they were the right size, they had decent tyres and they were white. I know, I know - white is major pain in the a$$ to keep clean...

... but then again, who ever said looking good was easy :D

pics will be done as soon as the weather improves - been raining constantly for 2 solid days - typical vacation weather :( The wheels aren't really much different to my old ones (17x8) all round with 225/45/ZR17 Bridgestone Potenza RE040's. They'll do until I can get a nice set of LM GT-4's...

or maybe some TE37's...

then again, Volk GT-C's look pretty nice!

:D Ahh too many wheels to chose from! :P

Just came back from having a full 4 wheel alignment done - rear camber was way out on one side - now been set to -1.24 degrees - does sound like a lot? The tech guy said that was as close to 0 degrees as they could get given I'd had the car lowered.

Dave...afraid I don't know the stock numbers for the GT-V. But you don't want 0 in the back! So that figure looks ok to me. Best thing to do is to drive it around and find an empty car park and see how it behaves on the limit and if its what you like your car to do. Sorting out the handling is the best thing you can do for your car, and probably the hardest! Unless you are one of those people that are all for straight lines;)

Weather has been poor here too....but it seems to be clearing up now! I hope the raniy seasnon hasn't come early this year!! :P

Sweet!!  They look perfect!  They are so damn clean..for now;):P

Gotta paint those brake callipers red now :D

I know - major pain in the butt to keep clean, but they look good.

red brake calipers...now there's an idea. I thought they looked pretty good on this:

carpark_09.jpg

:D

Dave, they look great against the Bayside Blue... you look like a Sunday racer now!

Mmmm, Up Garage in Sydney.... now THERES a business opportunity....:D