SAU Community

R33 Custom Boot Install

Spotamous

hey,

Just new to this forum and skylines but id thought i share this with you all.

post-89062-0-05956800-1339387316_thumb.jpg

this was how my boot was with dual 12' solobarics but i quickly got over having no room, so i decided to make a layout from scratch,

post-89062-0-04164300-1339387579_thumb.jpg

so i stripped the whole boot down to nothing, then cut and screwed down just a 16mm mdf sheet

post-89062-0-69593500-1339387953_thumb.jpg

then i just built the amp into the box so it hides all them dirty wires and just a standard box into the other side and just screwed them to the floor, and theres a couple bits of 3mm play on top just to neaten it up and hide some gaps, then i put the back in last so i can still access the battery and its just held in with a couple of screws

post-89062-0-54981900-1339388631_thumb.jpg

post-89062-0-77945500-1339388707_thumb.jpg

then i just brought a copuple of rolls of carpet from autobahn and some spray adhesive and stuck it all together and thats the finished product,

post-89062-0-53528800-1339388805_thumb.jpg

post-89062-0-89407300-1339388890_thumb.jpg

post-89062-0-94184600-1339388915_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

thanks guys, yeah still get to everything back wall has just a couple screws holding it in place and the floor can just pull up and i also moved the jack beside battery.

thanks guys, yeah still get to everything back wall has just a couple screws holding it in place and the floor can just pull up and i also moved the jack beside battery.

Very cool. I think ill attempt this as soon as i get some time off work.

• 4 weeks later...

I did the same thing a couple of weeks ago and one thing that I found is that it's better to have the bottom foundation board in two pieces, so that it's easier to take apart when you need to get to the spare tyre.

Other than that, it's definitely worth spending an hour of your time to have something solid in the boot.

If you are planning to have a false floor in the middle, make sure you have enough off-cuts left over for spacers to put underneath the door.

The floor won't sit flat on the spare wheel, since the wheel itself doesn't sit totally flat in the well and also sits slightly lower than the top of the well.

• 11 months later...

Part two of the boot, got a tad bored again and was sick of not being able to put my skateboards in that other boot so i knocked this one up at work. Just a simple flat layout with 4 screws holding the back plate in to get to the battery and a lid on a couple hinges so can access my battery and a bit more storage.

post-89062-0-81997100-1373782241_thumb.jpg

post-89062-0-46287500-1373782282_thumb.jpg

post-89062-0-97804500-1373782317_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

New setup looks less practical than the old one, well executed though. p.s. that's not a skateboard lol

Dont judge haha thats not my proper board,

Mate first install looks great! I've got a fuel surge tank on the right hand side and wanted to make up a similar box to cover it aswell as sub box on opposite side. Would you have the measurements laying around still?

Nah sorry mate was just looking for my sketches, must have thrown them out sorry man.

Nice work man - admire the handy work.

But. As was said, your first attempt was probably the most practical - at least you can put some shopping bags in there etc.

Second one you would risk damaging the subs if you put anything in the back.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Yeah no problem getting the spare out, even though if i get a flat the spare tyre is pretty much pointless as my rims are much larger than that wheel barrow sized wheel.

That's awesome mate! I really wanna do the second install lol! Is there enough room to still remove the spair if needed?

Awesome work mate.

• Like 1

Yeah no problem getting the spare out, even though if i get a flat the spare tyre is pretty much pointless as my rims are much larger than that wheel barrow sized wheel.

Yeah I had the same problem, had to put it on for a day and it looked crazy.