SAU Community

S A U__N E W C A S T L E

GTR-34A

Bit of an odd question but has anyone on here wired an rb26 engine to run as a standalone? Or kno where i can get the info? Have tried lots of searching and really cant find an obvious solution only got a few days till my car has to be finished and stressing a bit too much at the moment to sit down n figure it all out for myself. Any help would b greatly appreciated.

• 2 months later...

Anyone keen for a meetup this friday night or perhaps on the weekend? Recently moved to Newcastle and wouldn't mind meeting some new people!

If you are driving an import in Newcastle i would suggest picking your meet point carefully! I probably wont be around Friday but possibly will be on the weekend depending on the weather etc...

If you make a meet up let me know and ill see what i can do :)

If you are driving an import in Newcastle i would suggest picking your meet point carefully! I probably wont be around Friday but possibly will be on the weekend depending on the weather etc...

Gummy :)

Supo

Will probably be busy friday at this stage.. starting to work on my house this week so will be flat out for awhile i would say ha.

did pick up my new car on the weekend... got an evo 9... has nothing on the gtr for excitment and driving feel, but is quite comfortable for everyday driving and is abit of fun, and havent had a chance to take it for a good drive yet. It is dual mapped to run on e85 which it goes really well on, but im on pump atm as the closest united with e85 is bloody metford it seems... will do the job for a few years im sure and i think i will like going back to one car.

Will probably be busy friday at this stage.. starting to work on my house this week so will be flat out for awhile i would say ha.

did pick up my new car on the weekend... got an evo 9... has nothing on the gtr for excitment and driving feel, but is quite comfortable for everyday driving and is abit of fun, and havent had a chance to take it for a good drive yet. It is dual mapped to run on e85 which it goes really well on, but im on pump atm as the closest united with e85 is bloody metford it seems... will do the job for a few years im sure and i think i will like going back to one car.

You can run Eflex... Its at Charlestown, Newcastle etc...

United is only Metford, Necknock and i think there is another one at East Maitland happening too!

Pics of Emo?

Yea its tuned to united e85 though... and from what i have heard the eflex stuff is usually around the e70 mark? and trying to avoid a retune/ getting ethenol sensors etc.. but will see how we go, going to head out to metford for the next tank i think, will see how much better it goes side by side ha.

Yea its tuned to united e85 though... and from what i have heard the eflex stuff is usually around the e70 mark? and trying to avoid a retune/ getting ethenol sensors etc.. but will see how we go, going to head out to metford for the next tank i think, will see how much better it goes side by side ha.

If you are tuned on E85 you will get away with E70 (Itll just run a bit richer i think)... But you cant do it the other way around E70 --> E85 etc....

It will go a hell of a lot better on the green stuff :yes:

Many mods? Colour? Pics? :D

yea ok, i asked the guy and he said his tuner said its best not to push it too hard on eflex, but i didnt really believe much of what he said anyways haha... might need to track down the tuner and ask him about it...

yea i did the test drive when it was on e85, couldnt really open it fully up in surburban sydney but it felt very fast ha. supposedly has 275awkw on e85, and 250ish on 98, although i think it feels slower than the gtr i think which had 242... so im guessing it might be around the 220-230 mark possibly...

it has full exhaust, dump pipe, pod filter, injectors, fuel pump, rotors, clutch, ebc, bov, slotted rotors, all intercooler piping... think that is about everything, the guy didnt seem positive about exactly what was done, dont think he did the work to it. its black.. no pics yet sorry, will take some soon and throw them up.

yea ok, i asked the guy and he said his tuner said its best not to push it too hard on eflex, but i didnt really believe much of what he said anyways haha... might need to track down the tuner and ask him about it...

yea i did the test drive when it was on e85, couldnt really open it fully up in surburban sydney but it felt very fast ha. supposedly has 275awkw on e85, and 250ish on 98, although i think it feels slower than the gtr i think which had 242... so im guessing it might be around the 220-230 mark possibly...

it has full exhaust, dump pipe, pod filter, injectors, fuel pump, rotors, clutch, ebc, bov, slotted rotors, all intercooler piping... think that is about everything, the guy didnt seem positive about exactly what was done, dont think he did the work to it. its black.. no pics yet sorry, will take some soon and throw them up.

Sounds good man, who is the tuner?

Haha, did you get kicked out of the QLD section and decide to come stalk NSW? ;)

Nah not kicked out, just nothing going on so I've been stalking around everywhere. Couldn't find the nsw whore thread so thought this one was as good as any

Nah not kicked out, just nothing going on so I've been stalking around everywhere. Couldn't find the nsw whore thread so thought this one was as good as any

Haha good to see nothing has changed ;)

Hows that natro weapon of yours?

Ideally someone should make the meet and i will just rock up hahah. Being a newbie i have no idea of the good/bad locations!

Edited by iruvyouskyrine

Haha good to see nothing has changed ;)

Hows that natro weapon of yours?

Yer it's going well man since I got the cam swap done. Had it out to downshift at Queensland raceway a couple weeks ago which was fun. Chopped a lot of cars and also got chopped a bit.

Here's a video: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QZmDEw66Ecg

And one of me racing a v8 m3 god it sounded nice: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zbD8-oxtWAU

Will be getting a gutfull of nitrous in the coming months ;)

How's your rig coming along man? That neo still holding together lol

Sounds good man, who is the tuner?

I thought it was is motor sport but it doesnt appear to be, called them this arvo... cautious avout running eflex after the guy said it isnt great onit etc... will be doing a trip metford for the next tank though I think ha

Yer it's going well man since I got the cam swap done. Had it out to downshift at Queensland raceway a couple weeks ago which was fun. Chopped a lot of cars and also got chopped a bit.

Here's a video: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QZmDEw66Ecg

And one of me racing a v8 m3 rajab it sounded nice: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zbD8-oxtWAU

Will be getting a gutfull of nitrous in the coming months ;)

How's your rig coming along man? That neo still holding together lol

NEO is still going strong mate ;)