SAU Community

Official event: Shepparton overnight stay and DECA fun day cheer squad cruise

Jamezilla

To conincide with the DECA FUN DAY (event information) occurring on Sunday 6th June 2004... a leisurely drive up to Shepparton to cheer on the SAU competitors has been arranged.

Due to the distance (approx. 2hrs out of Melbourne) and time the DECA event starts, we have decided to drive up on the Saturday afternoon (05/06/04), check into a Motel, hit the Shepparton night life - with view to spend the night, allowing for the latest possible wake-up on the Sunday morning .

Details are as follows:

Date: Saturday, 5th June 2004

Time: 12 noon

Meeting Place: Ford Motoring Company, 1731 Hume Hwy, Campbellfield, Map 7 E3.

(There is a huge car park, just turn into the service road as you see the Ford Plant)

Accommodation (3+ star Best Western or similar): Approx $30p/p - twin/triple share rooms.

IMPORTANT: To finalize bookings we require you to:

1: Notify of your intention to join the cruise and number of persons to book accomodation for. Do this by posting in this thread.

2: Deposit the $30p/p into the following account:

National Australia Bank

BSB: 083419

Num: 683271757

Name: James P Ward

Please identify the transaction with your username, name and number of people booked. Post in the thread when you have done it. Only when you have completed both steps will your booking be confirmed and name added below.

Bookings close 20/05/04. So be quick!

This cruise is open to EVERYONE, not just entrants to the DECA event. It is just a drive to Shepparton, so bring any car you like.

On Sunday non entrants are welcome to spectate the event and cheer on the SAU crew . But if you have your car there you will regret not entering . This is also open to NON skyline owners that wish to find accommodation for the event. Bring partners, friends & family.

People interested in enteringthe DECA event must arrange with Al via the event thread

CONFIRMED:

-> Al - Alan (R33 Gtst)

-> Jamezilla - James (R33 GTR)

-> Snowman - Andrew (R34 GTR)

Nicely edited James, we could tell who has the 'customer relations' type job :D.

This is going to be a great weekend :(!

(can we make this a 'sticky'?)

Considering the amount of SAU entrants (skyline and non-skyline, ie:180's, 200's, etc.) there is little interest in this cruise :Oops:

Maybe people have already sourced their own accommodation?

I really should check the events section more often....

I could be up for the cruise, but might have to sort out the uni timetable first. Its 1 of the 2 months every year when uni gets busy :P

I also think that after the fun of last Friday for me that a stop off at the super fast Karts in Summerton on the Hume HWY on the way up? Will help with getting into a bit of practice before we try and turn the Skylines into go-karts on Sunday.

It would be alot more fun if we had more people.

Spoke to Ula on Saturday and he was extremely keen to come down so put his name down please. Will confirm again soon.

Just confirmed with Ula, and he is definately coming. Unfortunately he has been too busy to log on. He will give me the money and the number of people by the end of the week.

LAST CHANCE PEOPLE!

R32Big_Boy: The money for the accomodation goes to James and the money to enter the DECA event must be posted to the NORTHERN STREET CRUIZERS PO Box as stated on the bottom of the form. You have till the 1/06/04 to post the form and funds to Northern Street Cruizers.

-THE TWO ARE NOT RELATED!

Call me if you have any further questions: 0427 076490

James: I am not sure if i told you 3 or 4 friends are coming with me. I HAVE 4 FRIENDS THAT A STAYING WITH US. They are from the my other club and are definately coming as they are either acting as marshals or have entered their cars.

- So thats myself and 4 friends, from Northern Street Cruizers.

(NSC have booked 10 cabins and they are all full)

Guest INASNT

Al

How many SAU cars are actually entering the deca thing??

Is there any spots left?

I am keen, but am away all this week on work.

Was going to do Monday but will state now.

There are still plenty of spots left, just pm me your email address and i will email the form to you. Being so close to the event, just fill in the form and give it to me, with the money, on the Saturday as we cruise to shepparton.

Adz check your email :)

A few people have entered through SAU, but not all are Skylines. Very rough estimate would be approx 15 cars.

For accommodation please contact James directly, not too clear if rooms are still available, but there is a good chance that there is.

Hey I live in Shepparton and will be there on the sunday If you need accomadation I work at a hotel and might be able to get cheap accomadation for use if you need too.

call me if you want to catch up Saturday 0408124250 DAVE

Accomodation booked for Saturday night at the 'Bel-Air' motor inn in Shepparton.

Next door to McDonalds - mmm, classy.

Have got 6x triple rooms on booking (1x queen, 2x single) @ $95 each - so $32 a pop.

Double rooms (I think Gerald and Snowman were bringing partners) are $78 per... and have 2x these on standby.

To confirm people:

Al + 4

Ula

James

R32 Bigboy

Adz + 1

Snowman + 3

Deorbit

Rigga

Is this correct? Will then confirm all accomodation with them.

Is a Golden-Chain BTW. Parking is all OK too :D

J

• Latest Posts

• Vanos solenoid problems and basically all sensors die an early death 
    • Yep, back in the day when you could pick up a Stagea RB25 NEO for $1,500 it was worth it. These days... just chuck your V8 or B58 in.
    • from my limited BMW experience: - they burn oil WTF (B48 FTW 170kW engine) - dump oil every 5,000km and you'll be ok.. until it drops a bearing and rebuild time. replace engine with B58
    • I would avoid the AWD motor in a RWD using a modified RWD sump and pickup. The way the pick up is positioned, you'll have oil pick up issues on hard acceleration on a track around bends. Even with a baffled, gated sump. I suppose if you don't race on a track and it's used for straight line activities or street use you might be ok.
    • They absolutely are, but the thing is, if you're only exposed to these circuits for a while, what I normally think is good driving suddenly isn't so much. I was a pussy at the Nurburgring (GP) entering corners at 180kph - the difference in the balance of the car suddenly becomes so much more pronounced and I'm still a bit regarded at left-foot braking - something I now practice on my commute. So the (dream) plan with the E90 is to make it a 325i Cup car. Whether I get there or not is another matter. In my mind the simplicity of having the NA variant and cost made it a bit more appealing. Plus, like mentioned above, I'm actually too much of a pussy for big power. Of course I f**ked up by not researching enough on the N53 vs N52, the latter being more robust without the DI system.  Suspension-wise on the BMW, and I've been reading the technical requirements for the 325i cup, basically everything except struts has to be standard - bushes are free. I figure you get about 5-10mm adjustment with the rear camber bolts which should translate to 0.5- 1.5 degrees of adjustment. So with coilovers, lowered at 30/40mm I expect I can dial out some of the camber from a drop and attain -1.5 to -2. If necessary, I could get the same effect as the M3 arms with some offset bushes. There is a limitation on ARB width to qualify, although I absolutely want to get either M3 ARBs (can't say sway incase I upset GTSBoy) or the H&R ones - both of these are the cheapest options. Like mentioned, M3 arms are on the way and I should have them fitted within the next week. How are the BC Racing coilovers btw? Reviews are mixed but I think for me they would be fine; a friend of mine uses them on his R34 for track driving and has nothing bad to say. I'm looking at these or the ST coilovers (German brand, new to me) as prescriped the in Cup spec sheet. They're both similarly priced and offer camber adjustment. It's fine but it really upsets my OCD. I've got a couple of options for dialing out the rear camber and keeping my ill-fitting wheels: raise the rear a little bit, say 5mm, that should permit -2.5 camber or drop the front to restore that slight bias of more negative camber up front (not optimal with the roads here). The next alignment won't be until at least next year and I really need to rebuild the rear subframe. For now, I'm not using it at all on the streets except occasional blasts through the German countryside. I was covering about 10k kms p/year in Japan, I expect this to now be about 3-4k. You could say buy better sized wheels, and yes, I should have. But the wheels came from the Z and price of good wheels is just insane now. Again, a couple of options: get a new set (I want 17" RPF1s) or buy two used 9.5J TEs, both are about the same price excluding shipping.