SAU Community

VH45DE in R33 GTS25t

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn . Soo much for being original.

Hmmm wonder how much i can flog my RB25DET, Power FC, Cut and shut Plenum, Stainless intercooler plumbing, ARE intercooler (600x300x75), 3.5inch dump of turbo for and how much a 2002 VH45DE, Autronic, full exhaust and fitting will cost.

If there are only mm spare when fitting a VH45DE would a VH41DE fit more easily.

Not that i am a V8 head but i would love to hear what that guy from QLDs skyline sounds like.

http://www.freshalloy.com/site/features/te...ines/home.shtml

What gearbox did they use in the S13??

I checked with Dellow and they do not do an adaptor plate for the RB25 box.

I would probably go for the auto box anyway since i am tired of shifting gears all day every day. Its alright when you are racing to have a manual but for getting through traffic auto is the way to go and with 4.5ltr V8 in a R33 it would be relaxing.

KamikazeR33 who is SST? Do you have a phone number?

redline2003 (tongue in cheek when i say this) for even suggesting a gen3 motor you should delete that post. Of all the things an overhead valve truck motor in a "performance" car...... That is a joke.

Still on redline2003. I wouldnt stick this motor in an NA shell, the brakes are too small and yes NISSAN ALL THE WAY. I have been hunting around for some way of getting a manual behind the VH45DE but the only way i can see i can get a V8 in my skyline and keep it manual is to use a 1uzfe (toyota 4L V8) which i am not really interested in at all. But as i have said previously i would probably stick with an auto (just wish they had a 5sp auto).

I have checked a few wreckers and they want arounf $2800 for a 1994 Ifinity half cut. I couldnt get a turbo high flowed and a my RB25 bolted together with an RB30 for that plus fitting. Ontop of that the VH45DE is an incredibly tough motor. I am told by a mate it has 6bolt mains and the crank is drop forged.

My friend has the only V8 silvia in Perth.. that we know of. and its VH41DE not 45.

He did the whole conversion himself with a little help from a good engineer, took him a long time to do, including deciphering an entire Infiniti loom, modifying steering column & rack, entirely new cooling system including redesigned water pump outlets. Some would say there wasnt alot done to it to get it to bolt in, but its the many hours spent on the small details which made it work. Those who heard it at Speedworks when it was started will testify to its quality :rant:

Wouldnt be too difficult to do it in an R33 of course. Little bit more engine room and it actually might fit under the bonnet (which it doesnt on a silvia).

And I wouldnt get too confident about having a manual. My mate has stuck with the Infiniti auto for now since every option he pursued, such as 300ZX boxes, RB boxes and just about anything else with a Nissan badge, didnt bolt up.

What you really want is a VK56DE out of a Nissan Titan! :)

Red17