SAU Community

My Rb25/30 Build

hi im doin a RB 25/30 specs include :

spool RB30DET (DOHC) Rebuild Kit CP 9:1 , RB head oil drain kit, Camtech 268/272 cams , RB25det head , RB20 covers, oil pump spool, crank collar, turbo manifold 6booost,

RB26dett plenum, HTA GT3586R turbo , water pump N1, R34 RB25det 5 speed gearbox

some pics :

RB30 as i got it

301807_10150785934155974_1967304187_n.jpg

RB25det head as i got it

467552_10150585369340974_1778638164_o.jpg

RB25det head sittin on the RB30 block with the RB20 covers and with a modiffied KKK turbo just for looks!

544993_10150851561440974_1152166161_n.jpg

will add more pics as i go

CHEERS Oscar

Edited by MRHD66

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How is the rb26 plenum going onto the rb25 head? Pretty sure they aren't compatible without a shite tonne of modifications.

Also, you should have put this in the build section!

power tune do a manifold adapter kit that I will be using

how so mate

The water galleries are offset from one another so the plates need to mismatch to create an angle. You cannot use a gasket in between the two halves as it will block the outer one

They may be ok but from personal experience they are a complete f**k around to seal properly. Most people just use a tonne of silicon but that can block the water gallery and present its own problems

They may have changed the design since I saw the last one though so put up some pics once you get it

how much f#cking around Is gettin VCT to work on a RB26 head

For me.....none at all.

I'm not suggesting you go RB26 head but there are no gains by going RB26 plenum and throttles. In fact, your tuner is going to have an extremely hard time making it run nicely. You have essentially lengthened the intake runner by another inch or more which creates all kinds of problems with air bouncing back from the valve head and transient throttle at lower revs.

You are definitely better off with a Greddy or similar.

For me.....none at all.

I'm not suggesting you go RB26 head but there are no gains by going RB26 plenum and throttles. In fact, your tuner is going to have an extremely hard time making it run nicely. You have essentially lengthened the intake runner by another inch or more which creates all kinds of problems with air bouncing back from the valve head and transient throttle at lower revs.

You are definitely better off with a Greddy or similar.

how much it cost to make RB26vct and do u use a RB25neo intake cam? I know it's not just cam too Edited by MRHD66

how much it cost to make RB26vct and do u use a RB25neo intake cam? I know it's not just cam too

It's about $2500 with the head off.

No we designed our own custom camshafts. It's also important to consider valve clearance so not something I would recommend attempting at home

It's about $2500 with the head off.

No we designed our own custom camshafts. It's also important to consider valve clearance so not something I would recommend attempting at home

yeh mate I will get all that done when I get the VCT oil feed welded up