SAU Community

Suspension Of License, Help!

S3RK

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dont want to take too much of a dig at you mate but you dont really have an excuse for the p plate mate, its your responsibility as a provisional driver too display plates at all times. You will just have to cop that one on the chin, nothing will come of that one. When i was on my green p's i went with a friend for a bit of a drive to wisemans ferry, on the way up there my Front P plate must have blown off. When i got to wisemans ferry i went to the shell servo to buy a new one but they did not have any green p plates, only red ones. Anyone who knows wisemans ferry knows that there is only one servo and the supermarket did not have p plates. I bought these anyways as i thought it would be better than nothing. On the way back i got pulled over for a breath test and booked for displaying incorrect plates, i explained the situation but it was no good.

Fight the accident though! How much of a witness can someone be from a 500m stretch, the passangers door is hit indicatiing you were in the right.

As far as the P plate offence goes if you paid for it you accepted guilt and therefore I would be very surprised if any magistrate would hear it.

The accident will fall heavily with the INDEPENDENT witness. SDR cant tell you who you can use as a witness. That's up to the magistrate. You can use your passenger but they will be seen as a favourable witness that can be cross examined in court. If you were issued the penalty notice by police they will put there facts across with the independent witness as their case against you so if you are going to bat on with it get legal advice or it could be very costly for you.

And as far as being hit on the right side. That does not mean you were not at fault. On a roundabout you must give way to all vehicles which are already travelling on or have entered the roundabout. Just something to think about anyway.

Cheers.

Dont want to take too much of a dig at you mate but you dont really have an excuse for the p plate mate, its your responsibility as a provisional driver too display plates at all times. You will just have to cop that one on the chin, nothing will come of that one. When i was on my green p's i went with a friend for a bit of a drive to wisemans ferry, on the way up there my Front P plate must have blown off. When i got to wisemans ferry i went to the shell servo to buy a new one but they did not have any green p plates, only red ones. Anyone who knows wisemans ferry knows that there is only one servo and the supermarket did not have p plates. I bought these anyways as i thought it would be better than nothing. On the way back i got pulled over for a breath test and booked for displaying incorrect plates, i explained the situation but it was no good.

Fight the accident though! How much of a witness can someone be from a 500m stretch, the passangers door is hit indicatiing you were in the right.

Yeah, there's really no excuse for not displaying a P plate. I'll cop that one, no point in debating it!

As far as the P plate offence goes if you paid for it you accepted guilt and therefore I would be very surprised if any magistrate would hear it.

The accident will fall heavily with the INDEPENDENT witness. SDR cant tell you who you can use as a witness. That's up to the magistrate. You can use your passenger but they will be seen as a favourable witness that can be cross examined in court. If you were issued the penalty notice by police they will put there facts across with the independent witness as their case against you so if you are going to bat on with it get legal advice or it could be very costly for you.

And as far as being hit on the right side. That does not mean you were not at fault. On a roundabout you must give way to all vehicles which are already travelling on or have entered the roundabout. Just something to think about anyway.

Cheers.

Remember, I am just appealing my suspension, I suppose the magistrate could request further investigation regarding the accident which then I would have to worry about witnesses etc. Thanks :)

you also have this

http://www.skylinesa...__fromsearch__1

may or may not work in the RTA's favor

That's something to think about :/

You have more chance of having the suspension turned over it you payed me all the money and asking me to over turn it and it actually sticking.

You're probably right. Taking into consideration I am of ethnic descent and the court hearing is on September 11th O_O

You're probably right. Taking into consideration I am of ethnic descent and the court hearing is on September 11th O_O

Be polite and well-spoken - this is probably the best advice I can give you now. I mean I don't know you in person, so I can't really say if that's how you are or not, but it's something I'd go with.

If you need to state your case, do so calmly and as concisely as you can.

Be polite and well-spoken - this is probably the best advice I can give you now. I mean I don't know you in person, so I can't really say if that's how you are or not, but it's something I'd go with.

If you need to state your case, do so calmly and as concisely as you can.

I believe I am, thanks :)

Btw, the rule is that whoever entered the roundabout FIRST has right of way. So even though you got hit on the LEFT and he has to give way to his right. If he had just entered the roundabout you're not allowed to enter. Sounds to me like you were hammering it and have failed to adhere to this rule.

I dare say the other party had an independent witness, otherwise it's pretty inconclusive...

Btw, the rule is that whoever entered the roundabout FIRST has right of way. So even though you got hit on the LEFT and he has to give way to his right. If he had just entered the roundabout you're not allowed to enter. Sounds to me like you were hammering it and have failed to adhere to this rule.

I dare say the other party had an independent witness, otherwise it's pretty inconclusive...

Did u even read the OP?

That's something to think about :/

Should have noted that I doubt it will mean much if you had it cleared, but if it was current they could possibly spin some BS about an un road worthy car

I had the test done with the new muffler, so it's 100% roadworthy.

Just some more info, I will be representing myself on the day, I've familiarised myself with how the courts work and such, I believe I have a solid chance of getting my license back with the given grounds I've got.

I'll be sure to keep you guys updated!

Just noting again, September 11th is my court date.

Kind Regards

I had the test done with the new muffler, so it's 100% roadworthy.

Just some more info, I will be representing myself on the day, I've familiarised myself with how the courts work and such, I believe I have a solid chance of getting my license back with the given grounds I've got.

I'll be sure to keep you guys updated!

Just noting again, September 11th is my court date.

Kind Regards

I wouldn't go in there worried about September 11 as your court date ... Just relax and present the facts.

Got done for 2 points and like $200 for not wearing my green p-plates. washed them one night

so i took them off and didn't put them back on, drove literally 5 minutes and got pulled over !

, kind of shit house considering a full fledged burnout is like 3 points, i hate it when they try make

you feel guilty over something like not wearing your p-plates, like im driving around naked in

my car or something !