SAU Community

Gt-R Police Attention

I think some, not all, police enjoy hassling skyline drivers, ive been pulled over 4times now and they try to accuse me of doing a burnout or running a red light.

I was actually tailgated by them for a few kilometers in a undercover camry until i overtook the car infront to get away from them, then the sirens went on and i knew they were undercover... it was deliberate harrassment to make me react and do somthing silly...

my brother got pulled over and the accusation was " i sore you boosting back there, brother was driving normal upto 2500rpm" so he was told to change his driving style"

since when has comming onto a few psi of boost in normal city driving breaking the law?

Edited by SliverS2

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While it's a bit excessive I don't think it's harrasement I think they're just doing their job but I'm just curious why they're so afraid and paranoid about Skylines

Taking it you've never watched Today Tonight or ACA?

Or seen the political votes that action against "hooning" is pulling in all over the country? ;)

They are the reasons why... Police are just doing what a dog would do to a postie bike. They chase it down, they don't really know why.

It stems from the senile top brass in the force and politics. They've no idea whats going on, so just bring in a whole pound of pointless laws because it's seen to be "doing" something.

End of the day, get used to it.

Or seen the political votes that action against "hooning" is pulling in all over the country? ;)

They are the reasons why... Police are just doing what a dog would do to a postie bike. They chase it down, they don't really know why.

It stems from the senile top brass in the force and politics. They've no idea whats going on, so just bring in a whole pound of pointless laws because it's seen to be "doing" something.

Love It! :laugh:

I have even had cops do a "U" turn and follow me while they run a check on my GTR. On multi lane roads they then draw up beside me to check me out and when they see that it is an old guy driving the car they then just drive away and leave me alone.

GTR's just attract attention because of their reputation and stance on the road (big wheels and exhaust may have something to do with that).

It just means that every time you take the GTR out you have to be on your best behavoiur and never do anything that attracts undue attention - or you could just try wearing a grey wig or an old dude type hat!

Tryhard GTR owner is all that spells out to me

haha why? Nothing to do with a GTR....Its a GTS4....

wouldnet call a rb25/30 a tryhard R31 owner would you?

Edited by sydking

Meh, if i can drive a RB26 with out all the hype and attention that comes with it then im more then happy to do so. I hope everyone thinks my cars a GTS :)

If i went the GTR route, First mod....DE BADGE!

Only people who actaully know a GTR will know what it is. dosent need a badge to prove it in my books.

Edited by sydking

I think some, not all, police enjoy hassling skyline drivers, ive been pulled over 4times now and they try to accuse me of doing a burnout or running a red light.

I was actually tailgated by them for a few kilometers in a undercover camry until i overtook the car infront to get away from them, then the sirens went on and i knew they were undercover... it was deliberate harrassment to make me react and do somthing silly...

my brother got pulled over and the accusation was " i sore you boosting back there, brother was driving normal upto 2500rpm" so he was told to change his driving style"

since when has comming onto a few psi of boost in normal city driving breaking the law?

Well the law is about the speed not the "boost pressure" or RPM. If the speed is 110 you can do 0-110 as fast as you want as long as you don't break 110 so if you did get fined for that I would contest it.

Well they do protect us and not all of them have a bad attitude although I do agree with you that the harrasement does have to stop. Don't get me wrong speeding and hooning should be punished but my problem is with the actual harrasement because of the car model not the behaviour of the driver, in other words if someone isn't speeding, isn't driving recklessly, isn't using a mobile phone or driving under the influence then they should pull them over just because of the car. I want to see Skylines, STis, Camrys and Corollas get the same treatment which is getting pulled over for a valid observable reason. I guess we can't do anything about it though, it's just how the world works ;)

I also agree with you on the pointless laws like defects for CAIs and even large changes like turbo upgrades and what not. These things have never been statistically proven to be dangerous unless they mean the extra power they give hence the extra potention for speed which is biased since a new Aventador has 700hp and does way over 300km/h but it's stock. The loud exhaust thing is a little stupid too since nobody will be parked on the side of the road revving and if they pass it will be a second of "loud noise" which semi trucks make as well which can actually be heard from half a KM away. Then there's wheels and coilovers and what not. I think valid defects are tires, leaks, hanging body parts not properly installed, sharp objects sticking out of the body work or the wheels (which is almost never seen) and other real dangers. I don't think power mods are dangerous and neither are exhaust or wheels and coilovers. We all know these things are there for revenue rather than safety which is sad to see.

Edited by CosworthSti

drove the opposite way to a booze bus on edgars rd tonight. with a vz ss next to me and a 33gtst behind me. undercover puts there lights on sitting on the grass and starts following. bored c*nts

i dont care about stupid rwc laws , you line up my gtr (elligal height) next to a "rwc" 1988 vn commodore and see which one handles, brakes and controls better .

i think that should be the factor, howsafeisyour car and you tellin me 285 tyres with huge brembos with abs arnt safe ? pooftas

Well the law is about the speed not the "boost pressure" or RPM. If the speed is 110 you can do 0-110 as fast as you want as long as you don't break 110 so if you did get fined for that I would contest it.

not necessarily, as said you'll get done for breaking traction.

Not sure if they have it in Aus, but my uncle got a ticket in america for something like "undue display of speed" (ie. accelerating too fast)

not necessarily, as said you'll get done for breaking traction.

Not sure if they have it in Aus, but my uncle got a ticket in america for something like "undue display of speed" (ie. accelerating too fast)

They do have something similar. I forget though.

And you can break traction. But its something like 2 sec leeway when conditions are not suitable for driving.

Ie ute up a hill and its pooring with rain. Sometimes you cant help it

And you can break traction. But its something like 2 sec leeway when conditions are not suitable for driving.

Ie ute up a hill and its pooring with rain. Sometimes you cant help it

Yeah, they do have something similar here.

My mate was done for "Excessive Acceleration."

Like they boys said, its just revenue raising.

perhaps this doesnt help either

News Headline: Teenager dies, two others injured, in horror car smash at Carramar in Sydney's west

1 Skyline written off, looks like another one was in the vicinity at the time.

Link

perhaps this doesnt help either

News Headline: Teenager dies, two others injured, in horror car smash at Carramar in Sydney's west

1 Skyline written off, looks like another one was in the vicinity at the time.

Link

Old news. Theres a thread about it

They do in Queensland. Whether they pin you for excess noise, smoke, acceleration or reckless driving, they will find an offence for it. I mean it's not exactly practical to be at 100km/h shifting into 3rd.

Would you guys say the Evo gets pulled over less? I have a friend with an STi and I used to own an STi as well and they probably have most of the attention. NOT getting pulled over in my STi was just madness, I would actually get worried that something happened to the police or they're in danger since they're not here to pull me over :D The STi is the worst in my opinion by far. How about the EVO though guys because I've never owned one. I think they look less conspicious and don't have that signiture sound of the STi and are 4 doored.