SAU Community

R33 Gtst Blowing White Smoke Plus Car Potential.

a vipec is a better ECU no doubt, but if you are going for a highflowed turbo you aren't going to need anything more than a pfc / nistune

you will also need a z32 afm, 555cc injectors (minimum) aftermarket fuel pump, FMIC, better clutch etc etc

best search around here before you buy stuff.... have you already paid for the turbo?

the turbo you chose will influence everything else you need

a vipec is a better ECU no doubt, but if you are going for a highflowed turbo you aren't going to need anything more than a pfc / nistune

you will also need a z32 afm, 555cc injectors (minimum) aftermarket fuel pump, FMIC, better clutch etc etc

best search around here before you buy stuff.... have you already paid for the turbo?

the turbo you chose will influence everything else you need

damn :( the turbo is alread payed for and installed.

already have a fmic, exhaust, pod filter.

damn I thought the garret internals would put out decent power. I was going to upgrade to a bigger turbo in a couple of months though. just wanted something with a decent kick untill I go all out on a high mount kit.

what do you recommend?

depends on what you want to do with the car.

a highflow will get 300rwkw TOPS and that's pushing it. (i beleive hypergear have managed the 3 ton but generally highflows are 260-270rwkw

having said that have you driven a 3oorwkw R33? it's FAST

looking for more power than that out of a 2.5l will only lose response, and response where it's at (in my opinion)

i'd rather have a 250rwkw Rb25 than a 400rwkw RB25 anyday

depends on what you want to do with the car.

a highflow will get 300rwkw TOPS and that's pushing it. (i beleive hypergear have managed the 3 ton but generally highflows are 260-270rwkw

having said that have you driven a 3oorwkw R33? it's FAST

looking for more power than that out of a 2.5l will only lose response, and response where it's at (in my opinion)

i'd rather have a 250rwkw Rb25 than a 400rwkw RB25 anyday

your awesome man cheers. great great advice! I know where I stand now :)

nope never driven a 300kw r33 but I have driven a vl turbo 270kw on the weekend and it was scary fast. thing was spinning the wheels right up to 4th gear on boost. was hard as hell to control!

Hey man Im in a similiar situation too you, replaced my stock turbo as it was on the way out and the replacement now causes my stock AFM to max out so I need nistune and AFM too, I don't know where your located but I looked up a guy named toshi on the forums who can do a nistune for you for a fair bit cheaper then most places, pretty sure he's in Sydney maybe get in contact with him for your tuning? I plan too when I have the coin

Hey man Im in a similiar situation too you, replaced my stock turbo as it was on the way out and the replacement now causes my stock AFM to max out so I need nistune and AFM too, I don't know where your located but I looked up a guy named toshi on the forums who can do a nistune for you for a fair bit cheaper then most places, pretty sure he's in Sydney maybe get in contact with him for your tuning? I plan too when I have the coin

Thanks heaps man. I'm located in dolls point sydney. so expensive for a ecu and tune though...wow!

I spent so much money rebuilding the damn thing now I'm hit up for another couple of g's :( it never ends

should be worth it though. I'f I get done I'll let you know how I go :)