SAU Community

Semi Slicks... Brands/grip/life

hellolimiter

hey just wanting to now peoples experiances with brands, an how good they griped up an how long they lasted.

in need of some better tyres as im doing hill climbs an cant for the life of me get the Maxxis to stick so they are making a visit to the paddock now

give either the federal rsr's or kuhmo ku36's a try first. also just looking at your avatar the 33 looks quite low, have you got camber arms etc? having a small tyre contact patch from big negative camber on the rear wont help traction either.

I would suggest what Cosi has suggested so far.

I have had KU36's on mine for a couple of track days and have been very happy with the Grip to Cost ratio from these tyres. I have so far done my best lap time on these as well. From memory they were only $160~ or there abouts per tyre. Beauty of this is if you don't like it then you can use it for on road as well.

If you still have standard rear arms and just lowered the car then you may well have 1.5-2 degrees of camber (i had 1.7 on my 34 with standard arms at 345mm eyebrow height) what this meant is that my 265 rears only had a 235 contact patch. All well and good to buy good tyres but make sure your alignment is correct as well.