SAU Community

Are Wheels Too Wide For V35?

Hi everyone!!

Just bought 20x9 + 20 for front and 20x10.5 + 25 for rear. Would the wheels be too wide? Whats the best size tyres for it? Is the offset good? Lol. I know nuts about offset. :(

Cheers.

Should have checked that before you bought them! Have a read in the suspension section - there is a heap of info. Also Google "what is offset" and "how to measure offset".

Personally I would think the diameter is too much - 20in wheels dictate that you have extremely low profile tyres which will detract from ride comfort and give little protection to the rims.

Also you need 255 on the front and 285 on the rears - and when you find out what they are going to cost please do the decent thing and sell the rims and buy some better suited ones rather than buy cheap and nasty tyres that are too small and stretch them on like some do.

• 2 weeks later...

Ended up buying them. 245 and 275 for a stretched look. was gonna get a 245 and 285 but then I thought maybe stretched look would look better. Also ended up getting reasonable tyres I think. Falken 452? But enough said on the stretched tyres, theres zero protection on the lip of my rim therefore if I were to hit a curb, the rims will be the first to be impacted. :( But I would change the rear to 285 next time when its due for a change. 245 for the front is pretty alright. It doesnt look too stretched. The tyre shop people recommended me with 275 for the rears as well because they said its a more common tyre and the stretched look would look good. Think it looks pretty alright. Just worried about my rims and my driving now. Haha. Gotta be extra careful. :)