SAU Community

Powerlifting

markos

see how bad the damage is from the scan. Determine If surgery is needed or not.

2-3 physio sessions a week to start with, stretches once 'healed' and then back into movements like running.

Start back into squats etc. once I get the ok. See how it goes

Depressing really, I feel I was makin good progress

Edited by jangles

Thats his heavy stuff done till States. He should total 650kg. This time last year I was lying in ICU so Max couldnt compete as he ran the show, he was at around 550kg. Before Nats he got injured, he was aiming for 600kg. At Worlds he got 650kg.

This year he is starting 100kg up. He plans to total around 725kg this year. The Junior WR is 690kgin the 90kg class.

At Worlds he weighed 86kg in the 90kg class, didnt have to make weight, in fact he's never had to make weight, lifting too light. 3 days before weigh in he was 84kg, he could easily have lifted in the 82.5kg, but he doesnt change plans midstream. He is currently 89.2kg in the morning.

By Nats he will have to make a decision as I reckon he might be 93-95kg, cut or lift in the hundreds, he's not fond of cutting, but he has definite plans and goals

he's very patient and focused... I'd back him to be over 700kg this year for sure

I trained yesterday at PCYC and had absolutely nothing... probably pushed myself a bit too hard, the stuffy nose and high temp came back last night... stupid cold has completely zapped me... still plenty of time to fully recover before states though... hopefully I can do some more quality heavy stuff this week, I'd like at least another sessions practice in the knee wraps

no excuses, I'll be ready come comp time and nothing bar a freak natural disaster is stopping me from a 200+kg squat

then 600+ at Nats..................

He weighed 77kg at the ProRawQualifier, benched 150kg

Today he weighed 83kg, benched 157.5kg

A few weeks ago he benched 80kg x 24, bodyweight

He actually filmed it for this website, I told him I wouldnt post it up, so he deleted it

yeah not sure where that 130 came from today... still feeling really flat but managed a 7.5kg PB... weird

maybe it was due to benching with Martin... he has so much strength he left some on the bench and I must've absorbed it lol