SAU Community

Is This Called The Suspension Arm? 98 Gtt Er34

IMG_0816.jpg

See the ripped boot/split metal on the top right of bolt, its the cause of my knock in steering wheel when i do a sudden jolt to the left.

iam on the search for a new one and i need to know the correct name for it. Drivers side Front suspension.

much appreciated. thanks team

Easy to change too, after doing a couple i have learnt you can do them on the car if you need too :)

any few pointers on how to get it off cos i thought the whole arm thingy has to be unbolted with the whole disc rotor out n that..

hmm urethane bushes thanks good advice i was gonna go oem but yeh urethane whiteline it is.

Yeah thats how i did the first side on mine, but if you swing the arm out (protect your guard with somthing) you can tap the old bushes out with a hammer, you just need to hit them at the right angle and they will dislodge and come flying out (I mean that literally too lol).... As for putting them back in i used a huge pair of multi grips but you can use a nut and both with washers or other methods if you are skilled on the tools.

• 4 months later...

Okay I know this is an old thread but I still haven't got around to changing these Bushings still. Cos had the car re-sprayed and I didn't drive it since then cos I was overseas...it's been about a year since I Haven't changed it and I was gonna go on track next Monday for the first time... will it be alright if I did, I mean taking corners a bit hard or not.

I drove around some winding roads last week and thrashed through the corners and the car seem normal after. And now do u guys think that it will be fine if I went in track?

Cheers ! Thoughts?