SAU Community

Woo Hoo Dump Pipe Finially Arrived

Guest INASNT

Originally posted by Black33

meggala,  

when I tried to turn my boost down all the way (I turned the bleed valve until it was shut), I went for a drive and the car was terrible, as if if had no power at all, boost was really low (shouldn't it just go to 0.5bar?)

dunno what to do?

It still runs ok (quicker than standard) on 10psi, but my point is that it lost some power when I put the dump on. I might as well put my standard cast dump pipe on for a power increase? :(  

But seriously,  if I get it on a dyno and it shows that it has timing and fuel probs, is there anything that can be done to iron it out before I get an SAFC?

man man man, get your car on the dyno at ice on saturday and get everything checked out!

If u have lost power by putting on your dump then your car must be irish not japanese!

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

meggala,

my dads buying me a new safc from nengun and i want a place to dyno it in melbourne ,And it seems like u have seen a few get done do u work a peformance shop?Where do u recomend ?And this 'ice' place where is it ?Cause im from the western suburbs .Also what settings would i need to get her started and drive her?

Originally posted by franks

HKS, 2nd hand items...

DSCN1617.JPG

DSCN1618.JPG

Who did u order them through?

I notice that the hks dump is exactly the same as the one I got custom made!

turned boost back down to normal (got rid of bleed valve) and it runs smooth as, I've come to the conclusion that:

1. before dump I had it at 11psi and it was pretty smooth b/c it wasn't getting too much air so A/F ratios weren't too bad

2. After putting dump in, it's letting so much more air flow through that combined with boost the stock ecu sh*ts itself and give me massive flat spots.

In other words I will wait before I get my SAFC before I put my bleed valve back in.

I need help with one thing though!!!!!

After installing the dump, I've noticed that I get really big spikes, even with the stock boost set up back together. It spikes around 3psi which I was never getting when I didn't have the dump - Can Anyone Help Explain this?

I though it might be the type of dump I got b/c it has 2 seperate pipes and the wastegate pipe is only 1 1/4 inch diameter. Don't know if it flows enough for the wastegate, meaning that the turbo can't bypass all the pressure when at high revs and it spikes.  

Is it something else.

Help appreciated.

Thanks guys (sorry 4 such a long one!)

The wastegate pipe aint 2 small, look at franks hks dump, its the same size!

Originally posted by meggala

black r33 wind your boost down a bit and see if it help wind it down to 8 psi or so more boost doesn't nessacarliy maen more power then get the s-afc tuned.

franks here in melbourne we have had some very good results with the s-afc tuning 15 20 rwkw iis gain quite often.

exstatic doesn't need to jsut ify the gain cause most of us were there when he got the gains and saw them with our own eyes

meggala

franks?Where need a place asap!Also meggala do u no u have never answerd any of my questions to u ?

when I get an SAFC and have it tuned, where does it increase power the most? Down low, midrange or up top????? Or all 3 :D

relax, u will get power everywhere

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Arrgh if only i knew exactly what and where to get for my exhaust

I'm after a Front pipe + Dump pipe

3 of my local exhaust places know jack squat and i've just emailed UAS hoping for a half-decent reply but know it will cost the earth through them.

Benm, i just ordered a dump from JMS (japanese motorsport) in Adelaide and am waiting for it to arrive. They have stainless dump and front pipes for a reasonable price. I'll post some pics when it arrives and can let you know what the quality is like.