SAU Community

Wtb R34 Gt-R V-Spec/vsii Genuine Buyer Money Ready

R-PWR

FYI - This 2002 GTR V-Spec II just got sold in jap land for $37,685.38 AUD !!!

(Importing may be the way to go, im starting to consider it now after seeing this!)

Date:

2012/09/18

Number:

Auction:

USS Yokohama

Maker:

NISSAN

Model:

SKYLINE

Year:

Engine:

2600, c.c.

Mileage:

60,000 km.

T/M:

MT6

Shift:

4 WD

Color:

blue

Chassis:

BNR34

Condition:

Good (4)

gtr01.jpg

gtr02.jpg

gtr03i.jpg

gtr04.jpg

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that blue gtr did not go for that price otherwise i would of bought it.

there is a nur up for sale at the moment just to give you an example.

USS Tokyo

2002 BNR34

GT R Vスペ2ニュル

MT6 2600 cc

AAC

FULL4WD 280

GRADE 4.5

KMS 8000

Starting Bid 6 000 000¥

6,000,000.00 JPY = 73,103.81 AUD

2myh0mb6prfnh6pylnuovxj.jpg

v2m5autrso9xppyypamlg6e.jpg

4iuzcwb6lua4jzkedptrxzo.jpg

rczgvoklj9bxfrcnlkeelpk.jpg

Gzilah I saw that car but an importer said it was 69k landed and complied where did you get 37k? Im assuming 37k if fob price and was that starting price or what it sold for.

I remember the starting price was like 29-30k.

I'm going to have a chat to a few importers today.

that blue gtr did not go for that price otherwise i would of bought it.

there is a nur up for sale at the moment just to give you an example.

USS Tokyo

2002 BNR34

GT R Vスペ2ニュル

MT6 2600 cc

AAC

FULL4WD 280

GRADE 4.5

KMS 8000

Starting Bid 6 000 000¥

6,000,000.00 JPY = 73,103.81 AUD

Much better haha. I thought there was something wrong. But I couldn't see it on the Auction sheet.

There is no doubt about it that some people are asking to much for there R34 GT-R's in OZ, Although they are still expensive everywhere in the world and will retain there prices, I have looked over the years at many different countries even outside of Japan and they still are all similar prices give or take 10k. Really the best way to get a good deal on a R34 GT-R is to find someone pressed to sell otherwise there pricing is fairly stable in general.

If that car went for 40k say FOB your still looking at around 52k the time its landed complied and reg, and what locally VSII are 53-60 roughly. Also you have to wait for it to get here from JP, can't site the car personally, can't get finance if thats what your after and also the general risks involved in importing.

I have imported a 2000mdl R34 GTR Vspec a couple of years ago now and had no problems whatsoever, I got it landed for around 42k but also keep in mind the dollar was better back then at 99Yen to the $1, yes the car was clean and it all went smoothly so I am not saying that I won't import again, although when you can get a BB 34R that is clean locally for low to mid 40s I would go that option.

Edited by R-PWR

But seriously, for 80-90k, I'd go for an E92 M3 or a C63 AMG or even R35 GTR. Regardless it is a "hero" car, the r34 gtr that is, it is way too much money for a 12 year old car. Lets all be honest here, a stock r34 gtr will get eaten alive by the new M3, C63 or R35. So why spend that much money on a Vspec II Nur while you can have a car that has better build quality, faster and more modern. And not to mention that most people with r34 gtr will spend another 8-10k at least on mods to make the car go faster.

I know we are all in love with GTRs but not for 80k. If no 1 is stupid enough to pay that much for a 34 gtr, I believe the price of them will drop because none will sell if thats the case. Same with auction, doesn't matter what the starting bids are, let it stay on auction for 2- 3 months with no bidder, you will see how much the thing drops.

Edited by G0Z1LLAAAAA34

Yeah I know where you are coming from mate. But like I just said, we can all like a particular car. We just can't be be victims of that unrealistic pricing that is all. + when people brag about GTR's unforgettable racing history, it was really all about R32 GTR. As far as I know, R34 GTR never really officially dominated in any motorsports. Maybe apart from that M speed R34 GTR dominated WTAC for 1 year form memory....

Cars (like all assets) are worth what people will pay for them - we've all heard that I'm sure. Genuine, numbers matching HO Falcons with history have gone for high six-figures. Brock Commodores now go for around the 100K mark or slightly under. While I won't put the Nurs and N1s in the league of the HOs (at this point in time, and in the Aus market), the rare Skylines mean a lot to a certain group of people and to me their prices are justified in that regard. The question is; the Falcons appeal/appealed to the Baby Boomer generation because that's when they had their day, and were significant to that generation - in the 70s. And when that generation could afford them, that's when the demand came (and the prices skyrocketed accordingly). Now, the GTRs mean a lot to both the guys (and girls) who watched Bathurst in the early 90s, and also a second cohort of people who grew up with them on the video game stage (Playstation generation). One has to ask, do these people currently have the money to afford the cars they so love - now, in 2, 5, or 10 years' time, or indeed has the time already passed? Like everything there will be a peak in demand. Just because something is expensive at a given point in time though, doesn't mean it isn't worth it.

Cheers

^ True but people like me see the R34 GT-R like buying a 66 Mustang sure you can get a newer faster and more tech advanced one but theres something about the 34R that makes it special for me it was the 1st GT-R I had ever driven.

so very true!

Yeah I know where you are coming from mate. But like I just said, we can all like a particular car. We just can't be be victims of that unrealistic pricing that is all. + when people brag about GTR's unforgettable racing history, it was really all about R32 GTR. As far as I know, R34 GTR never really officially dominated in any motorsports. Maybe apart from that M speed R34 GTR dominated WTAC for 1 year form memory....

there really worth what people will pay at the end of the day, and they can comand higher prices due to availability, there was less 15k of them made i think, which was over 10 years ago, alot have been crashed, rusted etc.. so if your lucky enough to find a great example, you can expect to pay for it, or get extremely lucky!

imo opinion, at this stage anyways, they are the latest example of the classic straight 6 twin turbo gtr... and the attention / attraction they always grab from people tells the story, there is something special about these cars....