SAU Community

R33 Gtr Clutch Adjustment

fletch63

Hi guys,

Put this post up in general maintenance section and no replies as yet so I thought I'd ask some fellow sandgropers

I have just upgraded from a 33 GTST to a GTR and need to know how to adjust the grab point of the clutch as it is almost at the top of the clutch pedal throw

I did this on my GTST but this looks totally different

Can someone help as I have never worked on a GTR before

Cheers

Should be the same on a GTST, Just "unlock" the 14mm nut and adjust the rod accordingly?

LOL " Should be the same " GTR run a clutch booster and is not wise to adjust the rod , adjusting the pedal will just screw things over . Let the people who know offer the advice ..

LOL " Should be the same " GTR run a clutch booster and is not wise to adjust the rod , adjusting the pedal will just screw things over . Let the people who know offer the advice ..

The "same" in the sense they run the same type of rod/adjustment system regardless of having a booster or not.

In regards to the adjustment anyone who has fitted an after market clutch (say a twin plate) would have adjusted this rod to get the correct pedal adjustment. Just be carefull when adjusting. You always need about 2-3mm freeplay.

No free play will lead to excessive clutch wear, and too much will lead to a high grab point.

Oh an working on vehicles 5 days a week for almost 7 years, I think I have the "know" to give out this kind of advice :)

Edited by marksuxass

In regards to the adjustment anyone who has fitted an after market clutch (say a twin plate) would have adjusted this rod to get the correct pedal adjustment. Just be carefull when adjusting. You always need about 2-3mm freeplay.

So you adjust the pedal side of a boosted clutch and nothing else ?

• 2 weeks later...

I tried but failed in adjusting clutch

On my GTST there is a 12mm lock nut and a post to screw in/out

On the GTR the setup is the same but the post is covered by a rubber grommet all the way from the locknut to the firewall.

I tried to pull the grommet back but it doesn't look like it should be messed with.

There is also a pedal adjustment that doesn't effect grab point just gives you a longer or shorter maximum throw of the pedal

HELP

Anyone ???

Does this mean there is no adjustment and my clutch is worn?