SAU Community

Formula 1 2012 (F1 2012)

89CAL

Anyone on here playing this?

More importantly anyone playing with a wheel on PS3? My Logitech Driving Force GT makes the car nearly undriveable, feels like it has loads of understeer, So far its ruining the game for me a bit.

I'm sure its not just my lack of skill

• 3 weeks later...

read the codemasters forum,

i think there is an update to fix this.

gameplay is definitely different from 2011, and had to get use to it all over again, i was understeering heaps at the beginning but now have got use to the gameplay and im driving normal now.

using the DFGT but on PC.

awesome graphics and gameplay, i love it!

I worked out my issue with the steering wheel.

In 2011 you could just yank the wheel full to the left/right and it would just steer as hard as it could

in 2012 if you do this it will understeer, you have to use more of a shallow turn of the wheel the faster you go. My mistake to start off with, and now that I'm used to it I really like it, makes it a bit more real

At the start I was struggling on Professional but now I think I might have to go back to Legend. There's a few things that aren't on the game that should be, like being able to watch the practice/qualifying sessions

But all in all its am improvement over F1 2011

• 2 weeks later...

Just chiming in here that I've been really into F1 2012 lately. Like most of you I struggled with the understeer compared with F1 2011 initially but a few tweaks to the setup on my G25 and I've gotten the hang of it now.

Have been throwing the car around a bit lately in Korea, India and now Abu Dhabi :D

I cant get anywhere near the AI on legend at hungaroring (career in Williams)

Got my setup a little wrong but still can't work out where they are making up all the time

Started playing again last week after not touching it for months... Career mode, driving for force india in my first season... On Pro I can't get anywhere near the AI, but one skill level down (intermediate I think?) and I'm smashing them consistently by 2-3 seconds a lap. The gap between the 2 skill levels is too big imo...

I'm using a controller though, so I don't think it's possible to drive very well with it when you can't really regulate braking/acceleration/turning... Anyone else gone from controller to wheel and noticed a massive difference in their times?