SAU Community

Radiator

chwkevin

eBay? Just Jap?

Many places have it if you google it. Do you track your car? If it's your daily, a manual rad would do fine. Difference being the manual ones don't have the extra barbs for the oil to run through the rad. I may be corrected by the more mechanical savvy people but I had to change my rad from stock auto rad with the extra barbs for some oil, to a R34 GTT manual rad since it was the only one available at the time. I looped over the oil that went into the rad and its going fine, have had no problems of anything overheating or any warning light come up.

But then again mine is N/A, turbo may or may not affect this.

Just wondering where I can get an aftermarket aluminium radiator for my AT R34 GTT.

Thanks

Yes if your car has external oil cooler for trans? Pretty sure all r34 AT turbo use external coolers because I bought a used trans cooler for R34 Gtt

And use it for power steering cooler

The internal coolers radiator cause problems anyway my r31 started leaking trans oil into radiator and it makes a farking mess

Plenty on the web or off ebay. Just bear in mind if you are getting a china-spec rad, make sure you have enough clearance space buffer cause most of the times their measurements are off.

also looking for a radiator for my 33, saw the cheap chineese one (ASI)

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/52mm-Alloy-aluminum-radiator-skyline-R33-RB25DET-GTS-T-/300715105356?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4604045c4c

wondering if its worth it, if people got good bang for their buck etc?

also looking for a radiator for my 33, saw the cheap chineese one (ASI)

http://www.ebay.com....=item4604045c4c

wondering if its worth it, if people got good bang for their buck etc?

Have a read here, good discussion.

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/topic/408488-aftermarket-radiator-r33-whats-good

^ +1

But to some it up, ASI is a hit a miss. You either get a good one that won't leak, or you get one that does and get a brand new one as a replacement for free, and keep the sht one.

If you are thinking about the 52mm, please do yourself a favour and look into getting a slim-line fan as the 52mm will blow out to ~57mm cause of china-spec cbf measuring job. This also means you can't just plug and play cause the whole thing will be too thick.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• Agreed with the rest. Also at least based on my own research, there are no readily available stock or close-to-stock RB20Neo maps that you could download and use as a base were you to buy a complete standalone ECU, and the regular 20DET maps don't really work well so you'd need to take it to a tuner if you have no experience. I installed an AEM V2 on my 20Neo+T and had lots of headaches until I got it to run and idle properly but I've yet to remap it fully. You have to start building up your timing and fuel maps entirely from the ground up; even the ones for a 25 didn't work at all.
    • Got some decent progress after work yesterday and also today. Got the ECU all wired and passenger side interior all back together. Kept the wiring up nice and high to avoid people standing on it. Got the surge tank relays rewired and tidied up the pump wiring and cut a hole to bring the cables through.  I found a spare USB cable I had lying around so I decided to cut it up and see if I could use it for my CAN 1 bus. Turned out one of the pins I needed was to the shield of the cable so i cut it up and desoldered it and resoldered to the correct pins.  Had the issue with the powersteering hose hitting the A/C compressor and fan shroud. I pulled the bracket off and modified it to remove the front mounting point which now clears it all. Will keep an eye on it to see if theres any signs of fouling once it's up and running.
    • That's some good input mate. Nice.
    • So today I went well outside my comfort zone (again) to replace my valve cover gasket.  I have had a big leak over the exhaust leading to a lot of smoke and smell every time I drove it. The leak was in the rear driver's corner.  The job wasn't hard as such, just a bit finicky and time consuming.  The old gasket was rock hard and broken right where the leak was.  The leaky corner had so much sitting oil in it.  The good news to my amateur eyes was no buildup or sludge under the cover. It all looked fairly nice in there.   I haven't started it yet. I ran out of light and body when putting the coils and injector loom back in. Probs only 30min left for the morning.  I was so nervous putting the cover back on, I must have lifted it 5 times to make sure the gasket was still seated properly. God it's going to be nice to be leak free and not make other traffic light queuers think my car is about to explode.