SAU Community

R32 - All the same or different series?

Hey Guys,

Just curious but regarding the r32 GTR's, i've noticed that the '89 model has a few differences between models of later years.. like 92-94.

Like the baby blue cloth seats, all the 92+ models i've seen seem to have a dark grey sportier looking seat (doesnt look after market) is there a series 1 and 2 r32, like the r33? or do they all have those crap looking blue seats :D

If there is two different series, what other differences are there?

There isn't a s1 and s2 as such but there was a freshen up of the model in early 92 i think, different gauge colours being one thing i cant hink of

From what I herd S2 R32's had

-2 fuel reg's?

-Slightly bigger turbo,cross between S1 R32 and a R33 one?

-Rev cut at like @8500rpm instead of @7400rpm?

Does that sound about right?

My R32 has Suede leather seats front and back. Dont think the earlier models had these.

In fact ive had R32 owners swear that leather interior didnt come in any R32... then they saw mine :(. Ive seen quite a few with the same seats since then.

Red17

The older R32s ( 89-90) can do 11psi or such. the newer ones have weaker turbos and sometimes cant be boosted at all. and also the GTST im importing has grey seats...

anyone want it :( 12K onroad.

The 89 GTRs definately come standard with the crappy looking blue seats. :(

The later models have the grey more 'buckety' style seats. Obviously suede leather was a factory option.

Red17: PICS!

There has to be more differences - Does anyone have a URL to more info on the certain upgrades over the 5-6 years the r32 gtr was in production?

The 89 GTRs definately come standard with the crappy looking blue seats. :)  

Whatare you talking about? They came with a Drak grey on the outer side of the seat and light grey where you park your arse. All of the Standard BNR32's.

All the same, maybe the picture you saw had inverted colours or something

Whatare you talking about? They came with a Drak grey on the outer side of the seat and light grey where you park your arse. All of the Standard BNR32's.

All the same, maybe the picture you saw had inverted colours or something

That's what I think. I am yet to see one that is "blue".

LW.

not sure about the GTR, but the differences i have seen in the GTS-t from 89-91 to 92-93 include:

- finer grain fabric used in seats & door trims

- slightly different design for the reflector style headlights. the early model has a moulded ring shape all around the reflector while on the newer one the ring is broken at the top & bottom

- blue dials went to black dials on the later series

- clear front indicators went to orange

- some 89 models shared their turbo with the R31, ie sleeve bearing.