SAU Community

Inside Headlights

camr33

Hey guys, I have recently used a turtle wax polish to clean my headlights, which worked great. The probelm is that there is some condensation and yellowing on the inside.

I have heard a few stories on how to fix this, including heating the headlight cover off with a hairdryer to get inside.

Has anyone got any ideas how to fix this without too much trouble? Bearing in mind i am 100% NOT mechanically minded?

if you are not mechanically minded , i would just grab some cutting compound and a few grades of cuts and polishes to get the max clarity . use 1500 - 2000 gritt wet and dry to remove major scratches . in saying that , if you were to attempt to try and remove your headlights to remove the lense , your in for a good few hours work . from memory headlights are also bolted underneath aswell as on top , so you would have to remove the front bar , and spend heaps of time trying to remove the lense with heating in the oven , a hair dryer is a joke and takes way to long unless you have a heat gun .

all in all all it could be purely exterior stain which you havent gotten out properly . i did my headlights properly from 1500 , and now they are clear as glass and i always get comments from people asking if they are brand new from japan , if your up for the good days work i would give it a shot , look for a few diy on removing bumper etc