SAU Community

Stegea Ecu , 4 Wd Light , Susp , Etc

Aps

I need some general info on replacing the ecu and how much this improves economy . Give us an rough cost involved for someone to replace it . I have a 01 250 t rs4 stock it could be a bit better on fuel knowing they are a thirsty car generally .A few other things while I'm on the forum for the people who are way more technical minded than me ; 4 wd light comes on intermittently ( dealer reset the comp and found no fault ). Auto trans , are the adjustable as the car kicks into second on slow turns into streets with normal driving and only wants to go into 1st if you really gas it ,it may just be the trait of the auto on these cars .

What is a quality muffler for these cars that resembles the factory twin tip ( mine sounds fine but only one seems to have any flow to it .

Lastly can u recommend a quality touring suspension upgrade and where in Adelaide would you trust to have a detailed check on the existing set up ?

Cheers Aappreciate any advice...

Can't wait till they start hammering those v8 nissans around clipsal !

What sort of economy are you getting?

The most you will ever put into the tank is 72L.

Nissan states last 10L is really usable.

My 250 t rs4 gets just under 10L/ 100 .

The economy really depends on your driving.. The throttle is very sensitive. Watch the boost gauge... If your driving along and want to pick up a little speed, apply accelerator and watch boost... You will notice that from 5th gear, when boost exceeds ATMO, box will drop down a gear. If TP is large and boost increasing rapidly, the down 2 gears and so on.

You can get a plenum spacer to help with this...

Also if you hate your delayed throttle , blitz make a module to fix this.

Exhaust is rubbish... Get a new front section, and a jap cat back, I'm going for the blitz nur touring system.

Coilovers, Cusco make a set in there zero comfort series... Upper mounts are a nolethane .. So nice and quiet .

Sounds like the attessa needs bleeding.

The muffler is normal, one side open constantly, the other opens under boost hopefully.

The auto is a pos. It will never be in the gear you want it to be.

Get a set of BC coilovers, they are cheap and work exceptionally well.

On the economy issue I pretty sure I'm not getting 10l/100k but I'm doing mainly city driving and really not giving it too much stick ( kids school runs etc)the last service I mentioned the Economy so expected a better result but really haven't noticed an improvement , what is the main thing to mod to improve Economy ?will a new ecu do the trick ?

A new ecu won't change anything, 10L per hundred is pretty good for a 2 ton turbo car, be glad you didn't buy the Holden sportswagon then.

If you feel it is still running a bit rich you could change the o2 sensor perhaps? They only last around 80,000k's apparently.

BC coilovers start at around $1200 on Just Jap I think.

Can u tell me what to expect to pay for a new cat converter , have been told replacing this will improve economy and response . Cars done 80000 ish , have had a tune , o2 checked and cleared of any issues , plugs gapped etc . Got quoted 550 from sinergy motors which is where I bought the car , does that sound about right ? The stock exhaust really doesn't seem too worn so not really keen to drop a heap of money just yet on a complete system , not until it really needs it so replacing the cat seems like the go . Cheers

By the way def not getting 10l/100k more like 15 think I can do better . The in car read out confuses me it reads differently from a lot I've seen 7.1km/ L and then a km read out below .

What the !!??

Having trouble sending a pm but am def interested in a quote on your system , not sure if their price includes both or just the front .

Do as Scotty says and ditch the dump pipe and front pipe. If you need someone to install let me know and I can point you in the right direction. You'll end up with one new high flow cat, instead of two old, restrictive, f*cked ones.

In terms of suspension check up in Adelaide, I wouldn't bother. Just chuck in a set of BCs. I've got a set of BRs ($1299), Scotty cheaped out and got the V1s ($1199), which he's happy with. I'd probably also change the front end bushes.

Shift kit is a good idea but I don't think MV have the right kit. PM Jetwreck and see when he's doing another run, MV Automatics can install if you need.

You shouldn't need to take it back to Sinergy for anything now, and I'd expect you could get the cat replaced for less than $550 (If thats all you're doing - don't - replace dump and front pipe).

I'm happy to get the standard service done there , and I've got an extended warranty through them but am happy to get any other work done else where , let me know where u recommend for the exhaust work and is that price include delivery or are you in Adelaide (Scotty ) ?

What labour $

Out of interest what would be a full system replacement cost ? Twin tip muffler , something reasonably subtle , and quiet if the old one packed it in

What's you're view on sinergy ? I bought the car from them and have had one service , discs machined .no probs at all , have heard a few murmers they are a bit pricey for more extensive work . I'm not looking at doing big mods on my car , I just want to keep it running and handling as smoothly as possible as the family car .

Thanks for the advice

I'm happy to get the standard service done there , and I've got an extended warranty through them but am happy to get any other work done else where , let me know where u recommend for the exhaust work and is that price include delivery or are you in Adelaide (Scotty ) ?

What labour $

Out of interest what would be a full system replacement cost ? Twin tip muffler , something reasonably subtle , and quiet if the old one packed it in

What's you're view on sinergy ? I bought the car from them and have had one service , discs machined .no probs at all , have heard a few murmers they are a bit pricey for more extensive work . I'm not looking at doing big mods on my car , I just want to keep it running and handling as smoothly as possible as the family car .

Thanks for the advice

Scotty is in Melbourne. If you need it fitted in Adelaide talk to AM Performance, Andrew is happy to install Scotty's gear once it arrives.

If you want to replace the rear too, which I don't think is quite as urgent, see what Scotty can provide, talk to Andrew at AM, or get a Jap exhaust.

I haven't had any dealings with Sinergy, but haven't heard anything particularly good. These cars are easy to service yourself, most people seem to DIY, so I wouldn't bother taking it back there.

Do as Scotty says and ditch the dump pipe and front pipe. If you need someone to install let me know and I can point you in the right direction. You'll end up with one new high flow cat, instead of two old, restrictive, f*cked ones.

In terms of suspension check up in Adelaide, I wouldn't bother. Just chuck in a set of BCs. I've got a set of BRs ($1299), Scotty cheaped out and got the V1s ($1199), which he's happy with. I'd probably also change the front end bushes.

Shift kit is a good idea but I don't think MV have the right kit. PM Jetwreck and see when he's doing another run, MV Automatics can install if you need.

I didn't cheap out Ryan, the V1's were the only struts available when I bought them nearly 4 years ago... (I was the first customer here I think) Still going strong.

I have a shift kit here, $300. Just take it to MV for fitting. :)

• 4 weeks later...

Scotty can you quote me on a full system for the stegea m35 I'm thinking if the new front pipes plus inst. will b around the 1000 mark then it might b more cost effective to do the full system ( does that include twin tip muffler ) down the track .

Aps did you get the 4wd light issue sorted out? Mine has started to come one, before it was every few weeks but now its like every 2nd time.

I've heard that bleeding the system or changing the relay. Is there any thing else that can be looked at?

According to the mechanic it's the pressure switch that is faulty , this however isn't sold as a individual part only the whole assembly . That's what there telling me anyway so if any one has more info let me know . Mine is on and off all the time , can't feel any issues with the drive .

Ok, I'm curious to see how this goes. I don't feel any difference when driving with the 4wd light on but I'd rather get it sorted.

Sometimes when the light comes on I just switch of the car and restart it and the light disappears.