SAU Community

E-Flex E-70 To E-85 Summer And Winter Blend

vkadam

Hey guys

Just wondering if anyone has canberra specific (Kambah) information related to the blends of these fuels. I believe the winter blend is around e70 for cold start and the summer blend can be up to e85, but I would like some information from someone who has been running the fuel if there is anyone?

Any information would be much appreciated.

Thanks

A mate of mine just recently had his car tuned in sydney for E-85 and was told by the tuner that the two locations in canberra (nicholls and kambah) is not E-85, it is more a blend of 65% ethanol and the rest unleaded.

From what he was saying there is a major power differance between getting proper E-85 from a supplier like Trojan etc can be up to 30% being that E-85 being higher in power output compared to the "flex fuel" (@ nicholls and kambah)

I know you can get 44 gallon drums for a reasonable "ish" price from sydney and fill when you need to.

But in saying that you will then become your very own servo.

Edited by ScR33m3r

A mate of mine just recently had his car tuned in sydney for E-85 and was told by the tuner that the two locations in canberra (nicholls and kambah) is not E-85, it is more a blend of 65% ethanol and the rest unleaded.

From what he was saying there is a major power differance between getting proper E-85 from a supplier like Trojan etc can be up to 30% being that E-85 being higher in power output compared to the "flex fuel" (@ nicholls and kambah)

I know you can get 44 gallon drums for a reasonable "ish" price from sydney and fill when you need to.

But in saying that you will then become your very own servo.

I heard this year starting december Caltex are going to actually bring in summer blend of 80-85% ethanol and that the winter blend is consistant at around 70% ethanol.

Apparently the difference in power between e70 and e85 is minimal like 15rwkw max when ranging in the 300's. Also the 85% ethanol will use more fuels than the 70% with minimal gains.

there is so much det supression even at e70 levels that you are unlikely to see any power gains in going to E85, 15kw comparing between dynos can just be the differences in the dynos or weather.

the main difference is that it throws your tune out, get it tuned on E85 and it run a bit rich on E70

• 2 weeks later...