SAU Community

Urgent, Pretty Please Help!!! Need to borrow S1 R33 GTST Computer

Hey guys... i've been having a problem with my R33 GTST miss firing and running rich (wet plugs). I've changed coil packs, igniter module and crank angle sensor. Still no change. I am starting to think that perhaps my stock computer is buggered as i'm getting an Error 21 Ignition Signal Problem on the consult computer (at the mechanics). I have a HKS FCONV, VPC and PFC-FCON so i'm thinking that the signal that they are giving to the computer is not being interpreted properly. I spoke to a tuning guy and he thinks that it could be the computer if i've changed everything else. I've got it booked in on monday for him to look at but would like to try a computer swap this weekend.

If anyone has a factory Series 1 R33 GTST Computer i could borrow till Sunday night that would be awesome... it would narrow things down further (and cost me less at the tuning workshop).

My mobile is 0411 570 590, or send me a PM if you can help out. I can come and collect the computer anytime. I'm in Melbourne, in Camberwell, so someone over the east side would be preferable.

Cheers, and thanks in advance

Andrew.

I've got my computer out. Takes 5 min, undoing 4 bolts with a 10mm socket. Surely someone is out there to help a fellow SAU brother! I'll even undo the computer for you if you aren't confident doing it.

Andrew

If you were in my state I could help you out, Bro.

My factory ecu is gathering dust in a desk drawer - not that it helps you much.

Bump for your thread.

Hope it's an easy fix for you, Andrew

it's all good... a mate is coming over with one of his mates who has skyline... so i'll post up if that was the problem. I'll get him to run my ECU in his car too to see if it runs really rich.

I'm kind of hoping it's the problem as it's an easy fix.

I swapped over the ECU today with another factory one. I have changed everything except for the HKS computer. I've changed crank angle sensor, coil pack igniter module, i've tested all the coil packs (all read 0.8 ohms), i've swapped over the factory computer with another one. So all that is left in the ignition circuit is the HKS FCON V, HKS VPC, and PFC-FCON and also the wiring loom. So either the HKS computer has crapped itself (or he fried it), or the current tune in it has been erased, or the wiring loom is damaged.

Starting to piss me off. I wish i knew what this other tuning place had done to it...

Andrew