SAU Community

Cold Air Intake On A 34?

ishyz34

Has anyone put a CAI into their 34's?

If so,

Where did you buy it from? And where did you put the cai? I want to put it behind one of the 'vents' in the front bar(left or right) but there dosen't seem to be enough room in the engine bay.

Any responses with pictures especially would be appreciated :)

Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm gonna assume you're talking about a pod?

I've heard CAI aren't very good in terms of performance, i personally would recommend a performance panel filter like Apexi's, as it would go straight into your air box with no mods needed.

In regards to your question though, as we have the same car, I'm think you may need to say remove the air box and whatnot to try and get it piped to the front bar.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm gonna assume you're talking about a pod?

I've heard CAI aren't very good in terms of performance, i personally would recommend a performance panel filter like Apexi's, as it would go straight into your air box with no mods needed.

In regards to your question though, as we have the same car, I'm think you may need to say remove the air box and whatnot to try and get it piped to the front bar.

Hmm, a few of my mates have Cai's in their car's, they say that there's more torque at the low end after a cai? And it also makes for a nice whistle sound.

What do you guys mean by 'the stock airbox has a CAI feed?

The stock airbox has a snorkel that takes cold air from the front of the engine bay.

And the.performance gains from a cai on modern cars is generally bugger all as the stock airboxes are reasonably well designed. More often than not the gains are a bit of a placebo effect. It sounds different and that can be enough to make you think you are accelerating faster

The stock airbox has a snorkel that takes cold air from the front of the engine bay.

And the.performance gains from a cai on modern cars is generally bugger all as the stock airboxes are reasonably well designed. More often than not the gains are a bit of a placebo effect. It sounds different and that can be enough to make you think you are accelerating faster

Haha okay thanks for the info buddy! :)

• 3 weeks later...

you will gain next to nothing, as its only a 2.5lt, more cubes will benifit from a CAI. plus the stock airbox stops heat soak. dont put a pod on without insulation. no need to explain

only flaw in that video (which i otherwise agree with) is that they tested it on a turbo vehicle with an intercooler. the intercooler negates to a very large extent the temp of the air that enters the air filter.

the results on a NA will vary slightly, but not by a great deal.

• 3 weeks later...

only flaw in that video (which i otherwise agree with) is that they tested it on a turbo vehicle with an intercooler. the intercooler negates to a very large extent the temp of the air that enters the air filter.

the results on a NA will vary slightly, but not by a great deal.

That's right, only the first 1/4 of my intercooler was ever warm, it was nice an efficient and completely eliminated any under bonnet temperatures from the charge air.

Stick with a better-flowing panel filter, one from a nice reputable manufacturer that doesn't let gravel through the filter is so useless