SAU Community

Rb25 Gearbox Into A R32 With An Rb20

Hey everyone

My brother has asked I get some advice from everyone.

Basically Eiji and Lachy were doing a gearbox conversion on Lachys r32, they were connecting a rb25 box to an rb20 (has anyone else done this?) it was all going well aside from a few snags.

But as they went to bolt up the cross member realised it didn't match up, drew and Eiji figured out that at some point in Lachys r32s life it was an auto where as my old r32 wasn't so the cross member off that which appears to be custom doesn't fit.

Does anyone know which one does fit we are all pretty sure an r33 auto cross member shoul bolt straight up

And does anyone have a r33 auto cross member laying around

Any suggestions or advice would be appreciated

We all suck at welding so making a custom one isn't really the best option

Cheers

Hey everyone

My brother has asked I get some advice from everyone.

Basically Eiji and Lachy were doing a gearbox conversion on Lachys r32, they were connecting a rb25 box to an rb20 (has anyone else done this?) it was all going well aside from a few snags.

But as they went to bolt up the cross member realised it didn't match up, drew and Eiji figured out that at some point in Lachys r32s life it was an auto where as my old r32 wasn't so the cross member off that which appears to be custom doesn't fit.

Does anyone know which one does fit we are all pretty sure an r33 auto cross member shoul bolt straight up

And does anyone have a r33 auto cross member laying around

Any suggestions or advice would be appreciated

We all suck at welding so making a custom one isn't really the best option

Cheers

just need to make a bracket for the cross member as they do not completely line up...I used the standard 32 cross member with metal plate on both sides and bolted it up