SAU Community

R32 Compliance under the new scheme

there have been so many ppl looking at doin this but as ppl can pay $5-$8,000 cheaper for an 1989 R32 ppl will buy the 89 over the 90-94's. Sad but true. I get call after call of guys wanting to know if we can get them an 89 GTR R32. They dont want to pay the bit more to get the 93. PPl are tigh on der cash.

Im sure someone will do them if the 15 year law gets cut which it kinda sounds like it will.

I have been chasing R32 compliance now for the last few months as i have a 94 model GTR V-spec II waiting in japan . There are a few who are working on it and looks like a couple may be ready around the end of june

If people are after a clean stock R32 GTR (such as a V-Spec), then the SEVS compliance will be the best (or only) way to do this. However, if most wanted a cheap R32 GTR (without a high emphasis on quality - not saying that all 89's are of lower quality) :)); or if someone wanted a modified R32 then the 15 year rule is the way to go. Currently, imports under the 15 year rule are in high demand so I doubt that many import businesses would want to outlay the large amunt of money for such a relatively low demand vehicle (1991-95 R32's) under SEVS.